1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watt Herschel Walker Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ipaman, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Is it possible? If yes, with who and would you do it?

I think I would because I want a great team not a great player.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It isn't possible bcause....

1) There is a salary cap now so trading somebody that makes a crapton of money is a) not going to net you as much as you might think and b) exceedingly difficult

2) Nobody in their right mind is going to trade players with a caveat that if cut their equivalent draft pick in the next draft will be substituted.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

First of all you'd have to find a GM stupid enough to trade you 5 players with draft pick compensation tied to roster contingency. Jimmy Johnson went full on Daryl Morey to build the Dallas dynasty.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Watt is such a good value (sort of like NBA max players) that there is no way you trade him unless the offer is insane.

5. awc713

awc713 Member

We'd botch the picks so its a moot issue

1 person likes this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

The only player he's worth trading for is a good QB, but no team will trade their good QB for Watt. Why? It's obvious. Watt plays out of his mind, yet the Texans keep losing. Hell, a healthy Foster has a bigger impact. The truth is that it's a QB driven league. If you don't have an air game, you run the ball and control the clock with a "game manager". Nor should the Texans trade him for picks. As someone already posted, the Texans suck so bad at drafting, they'd just waste them.

7. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

If I had any confidence that this organization could scout the draft, it might be a consideration.
    Since they've done such a sterling job on the last two, it would be a waste.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

+1, i agree

9. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

If we tank this yr which it looks like we just might I could see JJ wanting to be traded to a top 5 he deserves to win the Superbowl in a yr or 2

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah, that won't happen.

Not sure how you "see" that since its never happened in this salary capped NFL.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

NFL players pretty much have no power unless they want to hold out.

12. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

If he stays with the Texans much longer he will never win the super bowl let alone win 5 playoff games. If he were to go to the Seahawks Greenbay Dallas he would no doubt go the playoffs first yrs. This yr and next the Texans will not be a playoff level team. Staying with the Texans has held back many players for doing what the should be doing is helping teams in the playoffs.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL True.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

comments like this are so stupid. The Texans, the team that drafted, paid--nay, made rich--, and helped develop JJ's talent and gave him the chance to succeed should trade him "just because" so that he can get a Super bowl with another team?

Do you understand how business works? Do you think the Texans, as his employer, are obligated to put JJ Watt on a Super Bowl winning team because...I guess...they AREN'T trying to be a Super Bowl team?

Do you think the Texans would WANT to just trade off the perennial Defensive Player of the Year/MVP and clubhouse leader just because "he might demand a trade" or he "Deserves to win a Super Bowl"

Do you feel like the Texans and Watt could accurately predict with 100% accuracy who the next Super Bowl champions are going to be in the NFL within, say the next three years? Have you ever accurately predicted that ? (see: Andre Johnson, Colts; or anyone who joined the Patriots between 2005-2014--i'm guessing they all thought it would happen).

Do you disagree with the notion that there is, for the most part, parity in the NFL where many teams make the playoffs and the next year they don't. That teams have been known to turn things around in just a year?

Do you think an employer is obligated to bend over backwards to make YOU happy even if its to their detriment? Do you understand capitalism at all.... smh

Sorry but these illogical arguments piss me off. I keep seeing this suggestion that we should 'ship off Watt" to a super bowl team--just makes my head explode.