1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler the perfect fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 14, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets have been trying to get melo for years. and when he gets actually waived, you're taking credit for calling it as if it was out of left field? As if nobody saw it coming. you said he would be here this year? we've had signs of it happening years before. you were actually late

maybe you were confused. people were shredding you for it because people didn't want him here because he sucks now and is/was a terrible fit

[​IMG]

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But your suggestion as to what the ROX 'need' describes Butler perfectly. His rebounds/48 numbers puts him in the top 15 players at his position league wide. His defensive prowess is well known. He doesnt look for the 3 ball, but he's a competent 35% shooter from that range and more importantly averages around 10-11 drives to the basket per game fully able to create for himself and thrives in the midrange.

Besides what you have mentioned what the Rockets NEED is a guy who can go do it himself. This team has too many players who are suckling from the teets of one James Harden. When James is locked up or struggling seems like everybody struggles.

Also how about a coach who doesnt allow opponents to go on 10-15 point runs before calling timeout to talk it over? How often did we score 4 or 6 points and Kerr was like "nope .. lets chill and get it together" .. Pringles lets his guys get flogged and beaten down before he finally does something. How about playing young guys and castoffs when nothing else is working? How about some lineup changes? Anything?

MDA is part of the problem. The system is sound, but the guy running it is too full of himself and not flexible enough to see it through.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That’s what harden has to do.

If he opts in I think it’s a forgone conclusion he ends up in houston. It’s pretty telling when even Vegas has us as the second best odds to land him behind Philadelphia and we have no cap space.

I think Tillman will okay the max to jimmy and harden will relay the message.

But I bet that after one season Tillman will make Morey dump Clint or cp3 contract for cap relief once he has to extend butler.

Unless we win a championship then I can see him maybe bringing everyone back for one more year tops.

I like the pairing of harden/butler

Got a Jordan/pippin vibe to it.

I wanted butler when we should have gotten him from the wolves and I wang him even more now.

Wolves should have taken Gordon and 4 picks that’s a better deal than Covington and saric both okay rotation guys. The 4 picks alone is better than those guys.

lilbird20 and Vivi like this.
  4. varughese.arun

Top 15 rebounder amongst shooting Guards doesnt cut it for the rockets. We have enough of this "team rebounding," crap going on already. Let me be clear...

- We need a 4 who can grab boards, play D, and has a decent shot. LOPEZ, Marc GASOL, NIKOLA VICEVIC, or even Jamychal green... basically, MOREY ****ED UP

- We need shooters.
    Buttler shooting 34% from the 3. He is not a pure shooter. If we get him, he will be another guy who CAN make the 3, but not good enough to make the 3 when it matters because he was never a true shooter and shooting is not his primary skill. Buttler's primary skills are to drive to the basket and play-D. We have enough of those type players on the squad already.

Dantoni's system would have worked if we had players who could shoot, and grab rebounds in addition to the players we have now.

Raven and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. varughese.arun

I agree with you regarding Dantoni. I would have liked to see Isiah Hartenstine get some PT once we saw how ****ing terrible Capella is... Im not the biggest fan of Dantoni either, but i dont think we will get rid of him that quickly.

I believe Hartenstine and Micheal Fraizer will both get more PT next year.

6. anchel

anchel Member

A better player but not a better offensive fit than Gordon.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You've been trolled ….

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

One thing is very firm. He wants $188 million according to fox sports today.

Highly unlikely, but Morey is the best GM, he might be able to find other teams to involve to get the deal done.

9. mockster

mockster Member

Ok

10. mockster

mockster Member

I mean yes and no, Gordon goes MIA to often

BMoney and lilbird20 like this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

I called it way before he got waived, I got info on jimmy butler and literally what I said was confirmed through a woj report an hour later you can reference the thread if you want. Not an insider at all but when I post stuff I’m not bsing.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

You seem to not have read the post fully

13. mockster

mockster Member

Cuz it’s irrelevant

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

You thinking that you knew melo being here as if it wasn’t obvious is what’s irrelevant.

15. mockster

mockster Member

Okay maybe it was obvious?, who cares?. but I still got info and shared it. I obviously shared on point info about butler before any of it came out so obviously I’m not pulling this stuff out of my ass

16. mockster

mockster Member

Ideal situation:

-We dump capela and nene in a trade acquiring Butler with philly and maybe a 3rd team. We also have picks we can unload if needed but capela is a good asset and we’re doing philly a favor if butler walks for free anyway

-We then sign DeAndre Jordan to fill the void of capela. Then try to lock down mcgee if possible as a back up big

-We then try to keep Rivers on cheap, Green, House, shump and Faried are all expendable but hopefully we keep 1-2 on cheap contracts

-We then try to get another solid rotation player like Gay, Redick and etc.

Paul - Hopefully Rivers
    Harden - Gordon
    Butler - hopefully Rudy Gay
    Tucker -
    Jordan -McGee or some other big

You now have a solid core starting lineup and Gordon as your sixth man. It’s a pretty gritty high defense/energy team.

BallaDoc likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

One JB out.
    One JB In.

I'm down.

mockster likes this.
  18. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

What drugs are you on? Dj would take the MLE you really think Rivers and Gay or Reddick come here to play for the minimum. If Morey could pulls this we all owe him a BJ. If we get one of these players we can be lucky let alone pull of Butler with flipping Capela with a third team included.

Manage your expectations

Corrosion likes this.
  19. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

Jimmy Butler would improve our team dramatically. If GS looses Durant as well I think we surpass them. The playoffs showed we are the second best team in the West as it is. My fingers are crossed.

20. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Btw it’s important to sign Shumpert on a team friendly contract and we need to do that for trading purposes later on. We have his bird rights so we won’t be dipping in the MLE. Rivers is a tough decision to make I doubt he comes back for less than MLE and then we have no resources to sign someone else.

D-rock likes this.