1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler or Paul George for Boston?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jogo, Feb 20, 2017.

1. jogo

jogo Member

I'm not sure Bos has a chance at either. It seems Butler is more available than George but that could be smoke.

My question: who is the better player? I think maybe it's Butler based on injury hx alone. What do you think and why?

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Celtics sitting on the (possible) #1 pick right now, have some good prospects, they have a shot at anyone that another team is willing to trade.

Honestly, though these guys pretty much do the same thing. Paul George is more athletic but Butler plays better defense.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Both would be perfect next to Harden but we already know the only way Butler comes here is if we rename and rebrand ourselves to Tomball Rockets and move the stadium somewhere down 249 past 99

4. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

PG seems like he is going through the motions this season. Even though the bulls are not contenders Jimmy is still bringing it every night.

I'd take Jimmy although PG probably has a higher ceiling I think Jimmy is more of a sure thing.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I would take George and I don't believe Butler is the better defender either. Both are about the same talent level though and it has more to do with what you want on your team.
    For instance, on the rockets, I would take George because he is more apt and seemingly more willing to accept a Robin type star role.

Whereas Butler seems to wanna be the alpha, which I think is the better fit for Boston.

Honestly, I'd give up almost anything for either but the ultimate pipe dream of having George next to Harden is an amazing thought. The only player I see fitting better is Kawhi.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, i also read a lot of Bulls fans saying that Jimmy's defense has definitely been worse from when he started to be their best scorer/player.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. BigMaloe

Well yeah it's regressed, and that's to be expected. Adding such an offensive burden really puts stress on how effective you can be on both sides of the ball. He's still good but just not like he was.

It's extremely difficult to be amazing at both offense and defense. Kudos to LeBron, even though he takes a lot of plays off now in his older days, and Kawhi who is great.

nel00 and Vivi like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, it's barely debatable. PG > Butler.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Antetokounmpo would be perfectest (most perfect) next to anyone tbh.

Bearius Jones, Louka and BigMaloe like this.
  10. alleyoop

alleyoop Member

I see the Pelicans were looking at a PG trade before pulling the trigger on Boogie. That means PG is in play. The question is how much would we have to give up?
    Are rox fans willing to take the hit for whatever we give up?
    Anderson or Gordon expendable?

11. BigMaloe

For George I would trade both Anderson and Gordon as well as capela Montrezl and dekker. Nobody but harden would be off limits.

They wouldnt want capela so trade capela for a 1st to reroute. Do they want Gordon? Not so sure but I would give him up with dekker Montrezl and 2 future 1sts,along with whatever we could get for capela. I would trade Anderson as well if it netted something they would like. Ariza? Bev? All available.

I would let them basically dictate which player combination it would take and go from there.

Still, Boston Minnesota Lakers and Phoenix as well as Denver could out bid is easily

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Give us all your unprotected 1sts Brooklyn style and a Harden voodoo doll, and we'll think about it!

Tbh I think they won't trade George, and he'll walk. Would fit Bird's M.O.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

Paul George is a better and more flexible player than Jimmy Butler. Both are good. But outta the 2, PG is CLEARLY who we want next to Harden

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

It's a scary thought but if I'm morey I would give 2017, 2019 unprotected 1sts, dekker, Montrezl, capela+brewer to a 3rd team for another 1st.

But you right bird will watch him walk before he trades him. But I really dont understand birds recent moves either with the hill Vs teague thing. You would know much more than me and while they had been the team I rooted for from the east in the past I stopped following them lately.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok Ariza, Brewer, and KJ for PG.....that's my final offer Indy

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

horrible idea. you don't trade away your team's future for a marginally decent player like george.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't know either, people back then were saying that Hill was upset about something and would've left anyway, but I'm not sure about that. Teague is ok. It makes no sense that he signed Monta and Stuckey though, they were better fits with Hill.
    Anyway, I wish we could go back in time and not trade Kawhi Leonard for George Hill.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That is a years worth of sarcasm in one sentence.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There's almost no chance the Pacers deal George, at least this year, but if they would offer him up of course you'd do a Brooklyn type deal.

Even if it tanked your depth this year I'd still do it.

Capela, Dekker, Brewer (salary needs) 2 1sts, etc. Name your price essentially. They wouldn't have any interest in Anderson and Gordon if they are dumping George.

Pen15clubber and BigMaloe like this.
  20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I like Butler just because he seems like a superstar Pat Beverley