1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JIm Rome's thoughts on Texas A&M University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by underoverup, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I'm going to a wedding next week in Atlanta and both are aggies. The invite on the rehersal dinner had am A&M sticker on it. They both graduated back in '95, 8 FREAKING YEARS AGO. GET A LIFE. I REFUSE TO EAT A GROOMS CAKE THAT IS MAROON. I WANT TO PUKE.

The one joy I'll get is being the best man I get to give a speech ... don't think for a minute I won't give a good ole "HOOK 'EM HORNS" to spite all those brainwashed aggie FREAKS!!!!

Also if you notice outside of Texas..there is NO Texas A&M apparel at any sports stores. You can find UT stuff, but NO A&M stuff. Texas A&M outside of Texas is like what we think of the University of Alaska!!!!! NOTHING!

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Maybe because A&M sucks at football. When (if) they get good at football, I am sure they are going to sprout some jerseys in ATL or Alaska.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

no dude, it's true. a&m really isn't that big of a deal in austin. they really don't care about those brainwashed whooping jackasses. OU is UT's real rival. and for good reason.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't know about Austin, but on this board, it's always Longhorns who start threads to make fun of A&M. When's the last time an Aggie on this board started a thread to make fun of UT? I'm a 2%er, can't stand most of our traditions, especially the red ass ags who think all life revolves around traditions, but I get tired of reading "we don't even think about A&M" on this board when that is clearly a lie. If you don't really think about A&M, then threads like these wouldn't be common.

5. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

In all my time as an OU student, I've yet to start any threads talking trash about either UT or A&M. I guess we're just the superior sportsmen. :)

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

A&M wishes it was like UT. UT wishes it was like OU. That's why UT fans say stuff like "we are the real rivals of OU!!!" at the same time OU always whips their asses and looks forward to playing Miami, FSU, etc.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Uhh, if you read the first few lines of my post, I was posting something I found on the internet man. I didn't go to UT or A&M. I almost went to UT but ended up going out of state. I do not like A&M though, that's true.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Uhh, see my above post guys.

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

I didn't attend either of those schools, I just thought it was a funny article. I would have posted a funny article about UT, Harvard, or Oxford makes little difference. On A&M-- whether its their name "Aggies" their constant whining about UT or something else I have not a clue. All I know is M&A :rolleyes: fans/alum set themselves up for ridicule with traditions that are at best dim-witted. On another note I have never not once heard a humerous joke about UT produced by an Aggie. While Aggie jokes seem to magically write themselves- kind of like Bush Jr. jokes.

10. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I wish someone would smash me in the face with a hammer, about 500 times. That would be super.

11. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I definitely agree with one thing Rome said: The Aggie "band" flat-out sucks. They're big, they're loud, and they can march with the best of them, but the lack of actual talent and any semblance of balance in that organization is appalling. Its as though someone goes out and says,"Who cares what we sound like. Just be louder than anyone else on the planet."

Tha Aggie band is horrible, which is quite depressing given the tradition and history of the Aggie band.

12. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me what "t.u." is supposed to mean and how its an insult? :confused:

I start there next week, so this sounds like something I should know!

13. mduke

mduke Member

You don't want to win conference and national championships?

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Exactly.

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

"t.u." is an Aggie word for UT...it is short for texas university.

"t-sip" is an Aggie word for a UT fan. The t is for tea. The sip is for sipper. The word developed a long time ago after a bunch of Aggies sat around and wondered what Longhorns did all day. They figured Longhorns sipped tea and the word became an insult.

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

That's fine...but they still get more applause at away stadiums than the home-team band (as I witnessed in Pitt last year) and are just flat-out more entertaining to watch. I just think fans at football games care more about the marching than the music.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think the Aggies on this board might be just a little scared to start a thread ragging on the Longhorns. Wouldn't we all welcome some searing Aggie commentary on the comical rigors of being a Longhorn in the oasis that is Austin Texas. Or you could just bust out some good natured jokes...

Here i'll help ya out:
    Q: What the difference between a Longhorn and Rice Crispies?
    A: Rice Crispies know what to do in a bowl.

What is the difference between a t-sip and a carp?
    One is a bottom feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish.

Did you hear about the Longhorn terrorist who tried to blow up one of the Aggie busses? He burned his lip on the tailpipe!

Have you heard about the t-sip who was 2 hours late to class? The escalator was stuck...

A Longhorn and an Aggie are using the men's room. The Aggie finishes and walks toward the door. The Longhorn calls over his shoulder, "We at 'The University of Texas' are taught the sophistication of washing our hands after we go to the bathroom." The Aggie replies, "We at 'The Texas A&M University' are taught the common sense of not going to the bathroom on our hands."

:rolleyes: :)

18. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I don't get why anyone cares on either side. I don't understand the big deal about football rivalries. I especially don't get the deal about college rivalries.

But I guess I fit the bill for the apathetic UH student who doesn't care about school or sports. Even so, all this hate for one another just doesn't make sense to me.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Im a white male and I grew up in Brenham about 45 min. from college station. And i know several A&M students that are minorities and dont really enjoy going there. They feel in many ways that they are outcasts. Probably just and assumption, but there are racists that go there. This is probably why minorities have had a declining rate there for years now.

I have been to the mall over the years many times. I have never walked around there and not seen a negative UT shirt every 10-15 min. or so.

And its true as stated above people just dont care about A & M all that much. I have lived in Austin for a year and a half and I have seen maybe 30 anti A&M shirts and have now attended one semester of school at UT. You would see that many in and around College Station in a matter of 5 or 6 hours.

No one wants to say it but the reasons that they always accuse people in Austin ALL being gay and that there town is a better place to live becasuse of reasons like that is because of what kind of people go there as a majority or whatever you want to call it. Its because there are a lot of racist hicks that go there. Skinheads (Corps) or whatever you want to call them.

For instance my girlfriend's uncle hates the fact that she goes to UT; because he is a huge A&M fan. Who cares just get over it. A&m is a pretty good school. UT is just better leave it at that and get a hobby.

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The negative shirts do get annoying, particularly the "Saw em off" ones with a quote from the Bible. It's just more ammo for me when I make fun of hypocrites, like conservative religious folk who take something serious like the Bible and apply it to a football rivalry. I can't wait til Grad School.