1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Lampley arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Faos, Jan 4, 2007.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Geez, now even announcers associated w/ the sport are getting into trouble. Too bad the image of boxing is somewhere between Cops and the Jerry Springer show.

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I still laugh about how he whimpered during the brawl and Foreman had to protect his arse.

#22 Cohen, Jan 4, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I always thought Lampley was married to Hannah Storm. Wrong NBC guy - she is married to Dan Hicks. Saw her recently in the Lil Bow Wow movie on FX and was like no way did she get beat?

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I know. Can you believe it?

Sincerely,

Marv Albert

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Damn, she is hot, too.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/04/jim-l...was-high-drunk-and-violent/#continuedcontents

[​IMG]

Lampley Accuser: He Was High, Drunk & Violent

Posted Jan 4th 2007 6:03PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice

The woman who filed the domestic violence complaint against sportscaster Jim Lampley claims he repeatedly threw her against the wall of her apartment after drinking heavily and smoking pot.

In documents obtained by TMZ, Candice Sanders claims that on New Year's Eve, Lampley and his son Aaron joined her for dinner. Sanders says she was engaged to Lampley, who she claimed lived with her in the apartment.

Sanders alleges after dinner, at their apartment, Lampley "was drinking vodka and whiskey and became drunk." She adds in the document that "he was also high on pot."

Sanders, Miss California USA 2003, says in the complaint that the trouble began when she wanted to finish watching a movie. Lampley then "pulled me from the sofa I was on" and "began to yell at me and chased me around the apartment."

Sanders says at that point all hell broke loose. She alleges, "He grabbed me and threw me against a wall. He then threw me against another wall. He then threw me against the door and I collapsed."Sanders goes on to say that 14-year-old Aaron saw her on the floor and she asked him to call the police. She writes in the document," Jim beat Aaron to the phone and kept Aaron from getting [to the phone]. She says Lampley then drove away with Aaron. Sanders claims she suffered head, neck and back injuries.

The 57-year-old Lampley was arrested last night on one felony count of domestic violence/corporal injury. He was also arrested for two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness.

Cops tell TMZ that the restraining order was issued on January 2. The next day (yesterday), Lampley showed up at Sanders' apartment as cops were investigating. That is the basis of the arrest for allegedly violating the restraining order.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

7. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Ok, wait.

He was high and then became VIOLENT? I gotta call bullshiite on that one.

Granted if he was drunk and then had a hit off the bong I can see him getting violent, but if he was high on pot the only violence I can see him committing is aggravated assault of a twinkie box.

8. bonecrusher

bonecrusher Member

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

While its pretty common for potheads to be pretty mellow. I know at least one guy who has a hair trigger temper when he is stoned, course he will also fight anything on earth sober...but yeah...not all ganja users are mellow/peaceful folk.