1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Buss: 5% chance Dwight Leaves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 10, 2013.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i don't think Howard likes to play with Kobe cause we knew that there would be some drama

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

And so all of BeeBeard's hopes and dreams come crashing down.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

"5% you say?? I'll take those odds!"

[​IMG]

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, Dwight needs to be with a pick and roll partner who actually looks for the roller, not just space for his own shot. And we could actually run a post play with him where he's surrounded by shooters. Dwight in the post surrounded by Delfino, Harden, Morris and Parsons would be great.

5. ashiin

ashiin Member

69% of statistics are made up

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

But only 42% of people realize that.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kobe was on that team.

8. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Did you just say Morris

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of how when discussing Howard, the last thing the LA media does is mention, you know, winning at basketball.

Even Magic Johnson said he shouldn't stay with the lakers if he wants to win.

10. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

:confused: This team, by reaching their absolute full potential, was the 4th best team in the West at best.

11. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member

they could always use the amnesty on him... although that has a one in a million chance of happening

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

yea but 63% of the time it works 100% of the time..

13. TISNF

TISNF Member

In your hindsight view, yes. But the media hype was to expect them to compete for the championship, and certainly a top-2 seed wasn't out of the question (this was before Harden was traded as well).

Now (while it's easy to say this now), I didn't think they'd stay healthy the entire year (though who predicted Kobe would be lost?). More evident was their pathetic bench.

Early signs (which very few in the media seemed to get upset about) was Brown's insistence of running a Princeton-style offense with an over-the-hill Nash.

----

I think it's fair to compare the 2013 Lakers to the 2004 Lakers, 2008 Celtics, and 1997 and 1998 Rockets -- where all teams looked like champs on paper, but only the Celtics met expectations.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree, even though such an amnesty would save the team for next year and somewhat more in the long run. Regardless, the Lakers may only be mediocre for a season or two at most ... it's not like the team is stuck in the same predicament that Milwaukee. Charlotte, or Washington is in, as they are all perpetually screwed. Mediocre or awful for the Lakers is simply making the playoffs, as a lower seed.

They are such a humble fan base :rolleyes:

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

That was posted before he was traded.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

When people bump old threads like this, I wish they'd make mention of the fact that it's an OLD thread when they post. It confuses the hell out of people when they read the very original post, and the stuff in the OP is outdated.

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Agreed.

18. Steve_Francis_rules

How can you forget Kobe? That was the rape year.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The amnesty provision disagrees with you.

edit: Just realized I was quoting you from before Kobe was injured. Nobody would have foreseen that Kobe being amnestied is actually a possibility.

20. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Dwight is an OVERRATED pick n roll player. If you expect him to be great at the PnR with Harden then you need to watch more games of Howard playing. He's only good at PnR from free throw line down because he doesn't roll hard at all when he's setting picks from the 3 point line. With Harden's ZERO post moves, I dont see why they would be running PnR's from the free throw line down.