1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JET is back: Jason Terry back with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Asian Sensation

Yup. I love his JET takeoff and when he starts waving the towel when we go on runs the crowd gets extra LIVE!

2. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

happy. God we are stacked and with Ty likely to miss time this makes us deep even in his absence.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Wood has zero chance to make this team's final 15 men roster regardless whom the Rockets will sign.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Does this mean we're no longer ranked #24th on David Aldridge's Summer Moves chart?

5. fbk81116657

fbk81116657 Member

very happy! Jet is very important in the lock room!

6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

FWIW:

According to Jonathan Fegan:

"Beverley will give the Rockets 14 players signed to guaranteed contracts. They are expected to sign Chuck Hayes next and then second-round pick Montrezl Harrell. Free agent rookie Christian Wood will also be brought to camp on a partially guaranteed contract, according to an individual with knowledge of the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced."

Wood will be signed and in camp.

Though likely in RGV most, if not all, of the season.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This was probably the same deal in the case of Josh Smith. Morey probably stuck by his offer and said "take it or leave it". Worked for Terry, which I am happy for. Would have loved had it worked for Smith.
    Still don't love our PF rotation. Happy with Dmo if he can come back healthy, got nothing against Jones but would have loved for one more PF that has been around and been tested.
    Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Hopefully Jones realizes that this year he needs to ball out to prove to other teams that he is worth getting PAID. I'm happy with one last year of Jones on this team given that he plays up to our expectations and beyond.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Team is stupid deep, dare I say deeper than the Warriors? I think so!!!!

Look out NBA cause the best team in the league resides in Houston.... Might take 50 games for people to catch on but that's okay.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Lawson is the starter, no way he comes off the bench behind Beverley. Lawson is the better player by a long way

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nice.

Although, we are ridiculously stacked in the back court, I seriously see no minutes for Terry, McDaniels, Thornton or Dekker on the wings at all (if team is healthy).

Lawson / Beverley / Terry
    Harden / Thornton / KJ
    Ariza / Brewer / Dekker

We've came a long way since last years playoffs with the addition of Lawson, Thornton, Dekker and with Beverley back from injury. SO much depth.

12. Space City

Space City Member

[SARCASM]
    Yeah, no teams ever have the better player come off the bench. That would be ludicrous.
    [/SARCASM]

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

So was Thabo Sefolosha better than James Harden when Harden was coming off the bench for the Thunder?

How about all those guys the Spurs would start over Manu from 2003 to now? Are guys like old Michael Finley, Ime Udoka, Richard Jefferson, etc. better than Manu since they started over him?

Your 5 best players don't have to be the ones who start every game. What matters is who gets the bulk minutes and who finishes close games, and the answer to both those questions will the Lawson, no doubt. While Lawson starting is a very real possibility, I really like the possibility of Beverley starting and Lawson coming off the bench as our supersub, i.e. James Harden in his Thunder days. Lawson will still get his 30mpg, but it will come against 2nd test where he should feast all year. I can smell an automatic 6th Man of the Year award for him.

Beverley's defensive attitude and off the ball game fits better with Harden in the starting lineup than Lawson who should and will demand the ball just as much as Harden. We have the luxury of having two elite playmakers on our team and having at least one of the court at all times. If McHale can spread minutes accordingly, we can run the exact same sets every minute of the game whether Harden is on the court or not, something we could not do in years prior.

I just think Lawson would add so much more value to this team coming off the bench. If Harden and Lawson share the court too much, one or the other is going to get the short end of the stick, per se. Plus, the thought of Lawson with Brewer, Jones, and Capela just tearing up other team's 2nd unit is just too good to pass up, in my opinion.

14. MistaK

MistaK Member

FINALLY!!! Happy he is back!

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

I don't get the hype, dude can't rebound.

16. gogispade

gogispade Member

THE JET IS BACK!!!

17. the shark

the shark Member

Great to have Jet back!!!!

18. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Great news, thank you Jet!!!! I was trying to make myself believe he didn't do much for us on the court , but he had his best 3pt shooting year since 06-07 and just his presence as a veteran. It wouldn't have been the same without him, finally we keep our core together (Josh was not part of it).

19. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Also, he can now finally play more SG in limited minutes as Thorton is also a decent ball handler (I've heard). Imagine line-ups of:

Ty - Terry - Harden - Ariza - D-Mo OR Beverley - Terry - Harden - Brewer - Jones OR Thorton - Terry - Brewer - TJ - Capela

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Just Harrell left and this offseason is complete. This team just keeps getting better.