1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jerry Jones: Cowboys will bench any player who 'disrespects' flag

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Texanasiafan, Oct 8, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm kind of surprised by this post. So... people actually believe that some significant number of players "were more interested in pissing of military veterans, the president, and white people"? That's astounding -- kudos to Fox News for fanning the hatred. I mean you said "and," not "or," and I assume you meant it.

Some probably wanted to piss off Two Scoops once he waded into the issue as a political prop. But I can't think any player really wanted to anger veterans or "white people" in general, given a lot of white teammates and white teammates also kneeling (to also piss off white people)?

I mean... it makes no sense. I know conservative media pushes this kind of black-versus-white armageddon view -- this fear of the other -- but Jesus H. It's pretty far from reality.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's good enough for the Green Berets, just not for Glanville, internet warrior. Sad.

How Nate Boyer got Colin Kaepernick to kneel rather than sit

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/27/how-nate-boyer-got-colin-kaepernick-to-kneel-rather-than-sit/

Nate Boyer was willing to listen to Colin Kaepernick’s side of the 49ers quarterback’s civil rights protest. That seems to have sat well with Kaepernick.

Boyer, the Green Beret from El Cerrito, opened up about his interaction with Kap on an episode of HBO’s “Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel” that airs Tuesday at 7 p.m.

“We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates,” Boyer said on the show, according to CBS Sports. “Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother’s grave, you know, to show respect. When we’re on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security.”

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

4. Granville

Granville Member

Better the internet warrior, than an internet jerk like you. Why didn't you just make your point without attacking me? That's one soldier who got 1 misguided soul to alter his tactic in an out of context manner. Like I have asked already.... When you are asked to rise to honor America and you kneel, how is that not showing disrespect?

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

On his radio show Wednesday, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh leveled some surprisingly tough criticism against President Donald Trump over his latest attempts to pressure NFL owners Commissioner Roger Goodell into forcing players to stand for the national anthem. “I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody,” Limbaugh told his listeners. In response to Trump's “continually tweeting” on the issue, the host added, “I know what he’s doing, and I understand why he’s doing it, and his motives are pure; don’t misunderstand. But I don’t think that it is useful or helpful for any employee anywhere to be forced to do something because the government says they must. We don’t want the president being able to demand anybody that he’s unhappy with behave in a way he requires.” After Trump tweeted that Goodell is “finally demanding that all players STAND for our great National Anthem,” the league had to issue a statement clarifying that this was not the case.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think if someone is the kind of person that does stuff just to provoke and irritate
    They are more apt to believe others do the same

So I think of it as an admission that they [fox and the poster] do things for no other reason than to provoke, irritate and f*** with people
    so they can snicker behind their keyboards when they get a rise out of someone

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.