1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jericho - New Episodes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket G, Feb 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

What happened to the NYC bomb?

2. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

That bomb was stopped by NYPD from what I remember...

Man, I don't know what will happen now.

Apparently they filmed 2 endings for the season. One if the show was renewed that would end on a cliffhanger (probably with Texas about to join the ASA as the nuke is about to take out Cheyenne), and one tying up everything if the show is not renewed (probably with Jericho's citizens starting a new Revolution, Texas joining the USA, and the nuke stopped from blowing up Cheyenne.

I hope it gets renewed. Besides Lost this is the bext conspiracy show on TV now. Too bad the vast majority of people prefer crap such as Two & a Half Men & Ghost Whisperer to shows like this.

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Right, but they keep acting like the bomb Hawkins had was the only bomb that could prove the Cheyenne government's story was false...

I hope the show gets renewed too.

4. Rocket G

Yeah, who knows.

You would think the USA would use that captured bomb to persuade Texas to rejoin the Union.

The ASA apparently launched the nuke strikes against Iran & North Korea.

Maybe Texas won't believe the US. Maybe they need that "independent" bomb.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

source

In case you didn't see it comming:

[rquoter]
    CBS has nuked "Jericho."

Producers were told Thursday the show is ending its run on the broadcast network, sources said.

CBS will air the season finale next week with a resolution that helps give closure to fans.

After the first season concluded with an abrupt cut to black, fans famously inundated CBS with tens of thousands of pounds of peanuts to urge the network to continue the show.

For the seven-episode second season, producers shot two endings -- one that leaves viewers in suspense for a third round, another that is more conclusive.

The ending chosen by CBS will wrap up the final season's storyline, where the nuclear war survivors of a Kansas town struggled under a violent occupation by a government contractor.

"The March 25th episode of Jericho will be the series finale," CBS said in a statement. "Without question, there are passionate viewers watching this program; we simply wish there were more. We thank an engaged and spirited fan base for keeping the show alive this long, and an outstanding team of producers, cast and crew that went through creative hoops to deliver a compelling, high quality second season. We have no regrets bringing the show back for a second try. We listened to our viewers, gave the series an opportunity to grow, and the producers put a great story on the screen. We're proud of everyone's efforts."

Tuesday's finale doesn't entirely slam the door on the series, but is notably different from the cliffhanger version, sources said. The ending also doesn't entirely preclude the possibility of "Jericho" finding a second life on cable. The high cost of the production, however, will likely prevent a continuation of the show.

Despite the erosion of broadcast ratings in recent years, the massive protest that saved "Jericho" last year has been called the largest fan effort ever to try and halt a network cancellation of a series.

The outcry put CBS in a tough position, whether to renew a show that has below-the-line ratings, yet unprecedented fan support. "Jericho" also performed well online on CBS.com and in iTunes downloads.

Unfortunately for the network and fans, the second season's Nielsen ratings were even lower than the first. The most recent episodes have averaged about a 1.9 rating among adults 18 to 49 in the show's Tuesdays at 10 p.m. time period. The network's decision to cancel the show still might not have been easy, but it was easier to see coming.

"'Jericho' is unique because the fans saved it -- watching it on the Internet and streaming and iTunes downloads, all those things that are not being counted," said executive producer Carol Barbee in a recent interview. "That's what 'Jericho' will be known for."

[/rquoter]

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Well, that sucks. Not surprised, though.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just don't understand why more Americans didn't watch this show. I've lost a little faith in the American people over this. Yea...go watch another reality TV show you wankers. God forbid you actually watch a show that actually is a decent drama with good acting and may not be far from the truth if something like this ever happened. Oh...but so and so lost only 2 pounds and has to go home. That's more interesting. lol

I'm tired of all the shows I like getting the axe. Every time a decent fictional show goes down...it seems another crappy reality TV show pops up. At least there are enough nerds out there to keep "The Big Bang Theory" going. :D

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Or better yet, reruns of CSI. That show's aweful.

9. Rocket G

Well. That was the last episode ever.

At least on CBS. I hope SciFi picks it up.

Great episode though.

Texas saves the day and maybe the US. The second Civil War begins.

Man... they left so much open to continue with.

F you CBS!

:mad:

Cancel a thoughtful show. One of the nest conspiracy shows ever to air. For what?

Ghost Whisperer? CSI Lubbock? CSI Portland?

Network TV is ballz.

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

That, alone, made this quite possibly my favorite show of all time.

Texas is the big prize, and independent 'thinker', the rest follow in lockstep. Texas doesn't tolerate Cheyenne's belligerence, and shot down their fighter planes when were forced to do so.

The Lone Star State :cool:

#30 tigermission1, Mar 26, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Blasphemy.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you mean "aweful", I agree (as long as you are talking about the original). If you mean "awful", I disagree.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would be very surprised if Jericho is picked up by someone else and continues with new episodes. It seems like they wrapped it up pretty good. I know they could continue it easily but I am fine assuming the outcome...that the evil corporation/government was brought down and the states re-united.

As far as CSI goes, I like most of those shows. They are silly, however, because they seem to get their results almost instantaneously when doing an investigation. Meanwhile, we have to wait at least 2 weeks to see if a Tejano singer/star was driving a tour bus under the influence when he crashed...in reality. I don't like the shows enough to watch re-runs of them, though. Therefore, I don't understand why re-run ratings are so high. I guess because people didn't Tivo it and they missed it originally. I would hate to think there are a bunch of people watching it again but, in this country, I can see people are stupid enough to do that. lol

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did anybody catch 'Marlo Stanfield' with the little bit part as a soldier in the finale? I kept waiting for him to sic Snoop and Partlow on the fine people of Jericho.

15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I hate resurrecting old threads, but I just got into this show, and it is AWESOME.

It has completely taken over my life for the last week, I haven't been to bed until ridiculous hours (like now), and it has totally been worth it.

F you, CBS.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I really liked it too. It was a bit cheesy at points, but it was entertaining.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yes, I did. I just saw him in another show recently. Heroes maybe? Or I could be thinking of someone else from the Wire.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Great time to resurrect this thread, lynus.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I didnt watch it until it came out on DVD, but I loved it. To me it shows how a good concept can make a really entertaining show, even with mediocre writing and acting.

20. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Eff errbody that doesnt watch this show. You and your american idol crap is why quality programming doesnt reach the airwaves.

Just finished the show and HOLY CRAP i want it to keep going.

I smell a conspiracy and it is this: you all have crap taste in tv shows. The end.