1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Tyler

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by REEKO_HTOWN, May 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

just bumping my thread pre draft.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

just a question to....you still want the rox to draft him? if so with what pick?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

23rd. If we still have it and Donatas isn't still on the board.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yeah, it certainly wouldn't hold me back from drafting a guy I like.

Still, it's pretty funny. :)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qs5yBAVFfuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

If Thats The Case We Can Do That With Thabeet!

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i think we should have taken him at 38 instead of parson.

7. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Seriously? HAHA look at the video above. The guy is dumb and didn't know the coach of the team he is working out for.

8. AFS

AFS Member

Not like he's the only one to make that mistake...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6OMiK1AGGZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Can't say I blame him. Who the hell is Tyrone Corbin? Jeremy Tyler's mistake on the other hand was almost unforgivable.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Kid is raw and has a 'tude.

No thanks. Glad we didn't take him.

11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Jeremy Tyler has a long way to go i hope his team gets him the help he needs to make it in nba

12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

yes seriously, i'll take this guy over parson.

13. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Honestly, I can see why you would say that. Tyler is a big body, semi-athletic 6'11 guy with a serious wingspan.

I usually will always pick the more athletic player because that is unteachable, BUT

Jeremy Tyler didn't even finish high school, went overseas and did terrible. Fine, so did Brandon Jennings, but Jennings was an McDonalds All-American that lit up that game. Tyler would not have made that game. Jennings was also a lottery pick with serious skill.

Jeremy Tyler doesn't have BBall IQ and relies on his body. He is Eddy Curry Waiting to happen. Plus he would not have been our starting C going into the season.

Parsons on the other isn't quick or athletic, but is a great passer for a 2nd round pick and rebounds the ball as you would expect a 6'10 SF to do (8 rebounds a game on a good rebounding Gator team). He isn't a scorer, but neither is Tyler.

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

this guy is basically the next brandon knight. even if he does play up to his potential, we may prolly never know, because teh warriors rarely ever play bigs. hopefully that will change when mark jackson comes. tyler was drafrted by the warriors right???

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Eddy Curry was a good player before the injuries. Jeremy Tyler at 19 has plenty of time to develop. BTW, he had already started to put it all together while playing in Japan. Doesn't matter what type of competition he was going up against, it was his mindset that was and has been in question. The competition he was going against over in Japan was above the level of college so that says a lot. I too would have picked him over Parsons, who, btw, will spend a lot of time in the D-league.