1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Interesting how you're implying there are LOH's but no LOF's, they are only trolls.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yao Ming is more Bruce Lee than Jeremy Lin ever will be.

3. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

It's like this .... Danica Patrick. Sorry I just wanted an excuse to post this pic. ;)

[​IMG]

4. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Only idiots would stereotype a whole race of billions of people because of what some crazy persons (20? 30? or 50?) say on the internet. And I don't care what idiots think anyway. So it is a non-issue to me.

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Yao Ming was born in China, Bruce Lee was born in SF.

6. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

7. holly1985

holly1985 Member

I saw his toe on the line....

8. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZQpTyH9I6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Bruce Lee was also 1/8 German on his mom's side.

10. jjin15

jjin15 Member

1/4th
    His mom was half

11. landryfans

landryfans Member

Disagree, Yao is too tall for that role.

12. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Gee, thanks, zdrav! Never thought my late night musing on Fighton's post would stir up a mini storm nearly a week later, and even get the honor of being insulted by someone like you. Do people here really have nothing better to do? I completely forgot about my blurb as my attention was on the All Star wknd watching Chandler, Lin and Harden.

I was really touched by Lin's extremely humble attitude and his strong desire to fit in on this Rockets squad, both of which made glaringly evident by Lin's interview quoted in Fighton's post. I remember thinking as I was reading that the Rockets were the only team that gave Lin a contract, period. No other team did last summer. So he must feel a huge degree of loyalty to the organization and hence his willingness to do anything to help the team do well. Or maybe, as someone else has said, he is just that kind of person regardless of which team he is in.

If people fail to see the parallels between Bruce Lee's career and Jeremy's thus far, you must have not watched the Green Hornet. Bruce Lee played Kato the sidekick to Van Williams' Green Hornet. Sounds familiar? Or you fail to recognize what huge cult followings they both command in the world (yes, the present tense for Bruce still) in spite of the fact that they both start out and spend a long period playing second fiddles (or some might say 3rd or 4th or even 5th fiddle). As Jared Jefferies liked to remind Jeremy last season, "It's not how you start; it's how you finish."

We are talking about Lin's upside here (at least the last time I check that is this thread's name). Lin has been in Egypt this season metaphorically speaking in more ways than one. Interpret it whichever way you want. But I do believe all things work for good for...(fill in the blank if you know it). So show some love, K.

13. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Everyone knows Kato, but who played the Green Hornet?

14. Cynops

Cynops Member

Except Lee played second fiddle to a less talented actor, Lin is playing second fiddle to a more talented Harden. I do see the stereotype breaking parallel, but Lee did much more in that regard than Lin has so far, much more.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Ook 29%. Volgens mij heb je 500 euro per maand vrij spel, maar alle winst daarboven moet je aangeven.
    Het probleem voor de overheid is dat ze niks kunnen controleren, tenzij bedragen van meer dan 10.000 euro in een keer worden overgemaakt.

Internetbanken als Moneybookers hebben strict privacyverklaringen.

Je kun t wel raden hoeveel er elke keer wordt overgemaakt.

16. Epik

Epik Member

Way less than half. And it was dutch not german.

17. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Awesome. Imagine if Lin gets his 3 pointing shooting around 40%. He's already much more athletic than Nash. If he gets his passing close to Nash, the Rockets can make noise in the playoffs.

Lin is already top 10 in all 3 defensive categories and top 5 in the league in steals. Add 40% from the 3 line, getting better handles, and getting more offensive moves such as runners and fadeaways, and Lin can be a star.

18. rokit

rokit Member

you wilding my nikka

19. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740707/

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Gosto...nasci aqui. Gosto muito do Texas, mas também gosto do Brasil. Eu só estudei um ano na UNICAMP (história de américa latina e principalmente o Brasil). Gosto da minha academia aqui, mas estou com saudades da minha academia em Campinas. Estou trabalhando para uma empresa de engenharia (não sou engenheiro) e estamos contratados pela Petrobrás. Daqui 1.5 anos o projeto vai se mudar pro Brasil e tomara que eu posso ir.