1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

JJ Shump Tyson were always good defenders though. Fields is average. But yeah they definitely had fun playing with him because he made them better.

2. kinein

kinein Member

Your obviously from a Knicks forum if your going to bring up a NYK discussion topic like - did Woodson prioritize isos blah blah.

If you want to rehash a topic thats been debated on NYK forums from 3 months ago. Please reopen a thread there. Try to stay with the topic! Lin's upside. Remember where you are: CLUTCHFANS. Houston Rockets Forums!

3. kinein

kinein Member

Once again - You are on a HOUSTON ROCKETS forum. Please avoid commentating as if you are on a NYK forum.

Are you listening Woody? means virtually nothing to a majority of your Rockets fans, let alone your Lin only fans - or your average reasonable bball fan.

4. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Yup who the F*** cares about melo and woody? If want to talk crap to them I go to their facebook or something.

5. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Obviously, I've watched JLin play a lot of basketball. This is a thread discussing his upside. How else to assess his upside without reference to the team he was playing on. I wonder which team that was? Hmmmm.

It's a little dumb to think you can discuss Lin without reference to the knicks play. They're kind of related.

6. kinein

kinein Member

This isn't a discussion - your rebooting a NYK forum discussion on a Rockets board. its not relevant What Carmelo will do. Nor is it relevant that Woody is listening.

This has no bearing on Jeremy Lin's upside.

Here is a sample:
    http://rafer.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7063993&postcount=195

At no point - do I make it specifically about, discussing Carmelo and what will happen. A Carmelo only comment, has nothing to do with Lin now - that time was back pre March. A woodson listening comment? --- has nothing to do whatsoever with Lin. He's a coach for the Knicks - thats it. The only thing he needs to listen to is his fanbase, his roster, and management - not Rocket Fans.

Woodson and Melo will never visit clutchfans and catch up with forum discussions on them here. Never.

7. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I don't disagree with you, but your join date is the same as mine and you're some kind of Rockets forum police now?

8. Damion Laverne

I know! Kinein, take a chill pill or beat your meat or something. It's not that bad of a hijack. It is kind of related. You should've seen the massive amount of Lin threads around the time the Rox cut him/Linsanity.

9. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

break it up break it up. let me see some id's lol jermey lins upside thats funny all i see is his down side too many turn overs and he basically sucks. hes like a cheerleader with spirit fingers put on our team to get a Asian market. great likes get some Indian people too. publicity stunts woooooooo

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You again. I wish I had a ban hammer so I can whack away at the likes of you, you no constructive comment havin', negative bs spewin', dumb as a rOck piece of crap. I hope you crash and burn like you wish on others, you snide little ****. I told you already on the other thread the reality tv forums are that a way. Kick rocks. If you don't know anything about basketball, shut your trap. I'm usually the level headed kind but ijuts like you make my blood boil. GTFO and STFU.

11. VanityHalfBlack

samylee1978 in Estonia means vagina....

12. Arthurprescott2

Question: what in the world are spirit fingers??

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

spirit fingers (cheerleader)

In the 2000 film Bring it On, there’s a great deal of discussion of the cheerleading move, spirit fingers. Many believe it lends some of the funniest moments to a film that has become something of a cult classic and spawned a number of sequels. For those unaware of the term, spirit fingers may require some definition.

The term may derive from the idea of jazz hands, used in musicals like Fosse. The move brings the hands close to the face with the fingers outstretched, often in a popped motion. The fingers may or may not wiggle, but spirit fingers definitely do. They are often performed with arms outstretched instead of hands at face level, with stiff stretched hands and fingers waggling and wiggling in controlled form. The hands appear to shimmer with “spirit” when the move is performed.

I bet samylee1978 is a cheerleader himself. Bring on the pom pom dude!

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will Lin drop 30+ on Kobe, Dwight and Nash?

15. Arthurprescott2

Damn. I thought it would be something more mystical. Disappointed.

16. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin-hater alert! Samylee's boyfriend sleeps in a Lin jersey.

17. tefunk

tefunk Member

18. kastuul

kastuul Member

I agree with Gray Payton's comment on Lin.
    I hope he can be a player like Stockton.

Lin is an average defender and plays PG position only, we shouldn't expect too much on his defense.

Turnovers is the Knicks and MDA system more than Lin's problem when we look at his TOs in Harvard, GSW and Woodson era.

In fact, he is getting stronger and working on his catch&shoot this summer. He knows the most important thing is to keep healthy to play for the whole season.

Most of NY critics on Lin dont make any senses, like Miami game, 85%, TO machine, cant play D and cant go left.

It is unfair for a young player. But that is the reason the Knicks sucks over a decade.
    Their medias create controversy, drama and unrealistic expectation, more than support their players.

19. jlfans

jlfans Member

ESPN New York’s Ian Begley Gives His Opinion on Linsanity:
    http://www.rantsports.com/new-york-knicks/2012/08/18/espn-new-yorks-ian-begley-gives-his-opinion-on-linsanity/

If you don’t watch every Rockets’ game next season and you just look at Jeremy Lin’s stats, you might be somewhat upset if you’re a Knicks fan because I think his numbers will be pretty good, but I don’t know that he’ll be able to play with the efficiency that he did last season.”

12-13 Statistics
    PPG 14.6 →20+
    RPG 3.10 →4+
    APG 6.2 →8+
    EFF+ 14.97 →?

I think he will be a double-double prone.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think he is going to put up numbers like that. If he can average 18 & 8 with improved shooting from 3 and at the FT line and from the field and less turnovers that would be impressive. I think his rebounds will likely stay the same because of Asik.