1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Best post in the forum. :)

2. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

When CP3 got injured he became a shadow of his former self and his game isn't nearly as predicated on athleticism as Rose's game.
    2007-2008 21/11.6/4/2.7 on 58% TS. PER:28.3
    2008-2009 23/11/5.5/2.8 on 61% TS. (absolute peak and one of the greatest PG seasons) PER:30
    Huge dropoff. PER of 23.7 for 2009-2011.
    Improvement in 2011-2012 but still not as good as he was in his peak.

3. redlawn

redlawn Member

I always attributed it to CP3 stopped playing as hard, and wanted to get traded after they lost Tyson Chandler and some other key pieces. After brilliant playoff runs, NO started tanking/mediocrity and then Byron Scott lost his coaching job. You could tell CP3 didn't have the same intensity after what the FO did, and ultimately the trade to LAC.

4. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

He loss a lot of athleticism. Before he could easily take over and dominate in the 4th quarter. He still can but not like before. His playing style is a lot more conservative nowadays.

If only Chris Paul could steal Westbrook's athleticism and durability.

5. redlawn

redlawn Member

Man, then I'm hoping Lin's really getting some swimming/sand running/yoga etc to strengthen those joints/ligaments and improve his durability. If Lin wants any longevity in this league with his high impact style, it's going to have to be more than the weight room.

6. luden

luden Member

I agree. Lin actually had the same surgery CP3 did.

7. nono

nono Member

Chris Paul does not have meniscus in one knee. Lin had surgery for repair, not removal. I think there is a big difference between the two.

8. redlawn

redlawn Member

Out of the possible knee injuries, I heard that Lin's was amongst the most minor. So that's certainly heartening.

At the same time, people in the NBA are popping him in the chin, giving him bloody noses, flagrant fouling him (ahem, JKidd, you dirty old man). i just hope he's looking out for his longevity as much as his explosiveness.

9. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Lin recently said something along the lines of: 'I'll always have haters, but I give love back.'

Well, most of these dudes grew up in the hood and they're not going to give lin any love back. He's got to learn to defend himself or else his face is going to look like mincemeat on a regular basis.

I expect numerous cheap shots from the knicks when the rocks visit new york.

10. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

He can be a GOOD pg one day I believe.. But Lin will never be "elite". I'm still extremely excited for the upcoming season though. I'd like to keep this group going and maybe get a couple nice picks next year to help out as well.

Here's to hoping the Jeremy/Jeremy combo will kill it for years to come though.

11. redlawn

redlawn Member

I'm with you there. I fully expect it as well.

12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I enjoyed reading your post.

13. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Here's your lockdown one-on-one defensive play.......... In crunch time....... Too bad the defender's teammates couldn't rebound.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/VRmfwKxqe4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Please. Lin on-ball defense is non-existent as far as I'm concerned.

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Just look above ... against the second coming of Michael Jordan no less :)

16. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Don't respond to that troll, man. Let him cry himself to sleep in his carmelo jammies. :grin:

17. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Really? You are on this forum three days and you already showed you have no basketball knowledge whatsoever.

18. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

lightningbolt, which sites have the best, most objective evaluations of nba players, position by position?

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

82 players.com, Synergy, Hoopdata, ESPN also sometimes does truehoops blogs with legitimate statistical breakdowns.

20. Sigmund

Sigmund Member