1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jbasket, Feb 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Why would he be talked about? :confused:

Did he go undrafted? Get cut by two teams? Get sent to the D-League twice? A 4th string PG a couple of weeks ago? Snubbed his entire life? Practically destined as a 12th man? Its not that Lin is that good but that he completely blew pass what little expectation everyone had of him. Hollywood couldn't write a better script.

2. Asian Sensation

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Still, it is ridiculous how much attention he's getting simply because he plays for NY. Front page of espn? Never would happen if he had double the stats and played for a team like the Bucks or Kings.

Stats for last 10 games...
    14.1 PPG
    53.8% Shooting
    5.7 APG
    2.7 RPG

I hope he does well and I like him as a player. These are not "the next big thing to push after a superbowl" numbers.

It's not his fault for the attention but hope it doesn't get to his head.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

those stats are extremely skewed.

why would you post his stats for the last 10 games when he's only played considerable and meaningful minutes in the last 3 games?

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Awful caller on 610 just now blaming Morey for giving up on Line and Novak. LOL. I how this idiot it's on this board and owns up to this call. Where are you, Eric?

6. Trip

Trip Member

Where are you getting those incorrect stats from?

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

*Lin

*hope

Damn predictive text.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The guys name was Eric? LOL - that is funny...it was not me.....

DD

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

You sure?

10. Qball

You sorta prove my point. 3 games in and he's "Linsanity"? You don't think people are jumping the gun here?

Like I said, I really like the guy. Seems like a genuine hard working guy who's getting the fruits of his labor. Just more calling out espn with the front page crap than anything else.

11. Qball

12. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

This is East Coast Bias in a nutshell. Chris Broussard spits ECB like its venom. The first paragraph in this article is terrible. Saying two mediocre teams cut Lin is a huge slap in the face when one team, Rockets, are 16-11. What in Gods name are the Knicks. Why elevate a bad team and put down a good team. Especially since there was no way he was gonna beat out Goran for the backup. Here is the link!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7561351/is-new-york-knicks-jeremy-lin-real-nba

13. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Not to pour cold water over your head, but the Rox is a mediocre team. We're on the fringe of the playoffs. We're not a top 5 team in our conference but we're not at the bottom either. We don't have any real superstars. That is the definition of mediocre. I think Rox fans need to come to grips with the fact that the Rox is a very average team...nothing special but not the worst

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure if a Buck or King averaged 50 ppg and 16 apg leading them to victory in the first three games he played with significant playing time, they would get the front page of ESPN.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe my doppelganger !!!

BWAHAHAAHHA...no not me......interviewing for a new position today....startup game company...no time for trivial matters like that.

DD

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CPAYzNH4xXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. cod

cod Member

i'm going to have to watch this game now. i would love to see it blow up in kobe's face.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Why would Kobe care about Jeremy lin and his three games lol.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sooo

Why does Lin blowing up have anything to do with Morey?

Isn't it revenge on the GSW?? After all they're the ones who cut him in the first place... We just picked him up for a little while [smart pickup for depth] but unfortunately couldn't afford to keep him.

Who knew he was going to have 3 20 point games in a row eh??

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kobe will live to regret the Jesus Christ comment at the end of the interview. We know Jesus is in Lin's corner.