1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin won't shoot 3pters and it's killing the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James88, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

So in conclusion, Jeremy Lin is a joke and he has to go.

Man, Dei was SUCH a prophet.

1 person likes this.
  2. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

there are no plays designed for Lin. try again. rather blame McGroober.

3. grauser01

grauser01 Member

Lin can't shoot 3 pointers if he doesn't get the ball though being open ;)
    That is a pity because I think that he has really improved his 3p-shooting. But besides him there is no playmaker who is willing to pass to him.

4. James88

James88 Member

THEY'RE OPEN 3'S, DURING THE FLOW OF THE GAME. These aren't coming out of timeouts with playcalls. He's open. He doesn't shoot. He turns it over instead.

If you're a 40% 3pt shooter, you're an ELITE shooter. Unless you're Lebron or Durant, it's almost certainly your greatest strength. He's taking he's greatest strength, and he's transferring it into his greatest weakness, turnovers. It's so stupid, it's unbelievable. It's actually worse than when a horrible 3pt shooter, who decides to constantly jacks 3's.

It's simple decision making. Every time he initially gets the ball, he should be looking to a 3pt shot. That should be the first thing, he does every time he gets the ball. But he has some preconceived notion of what it means to be a point guard, so he goes through his Nash routine of getting a pick, dribbling and passing into traffic, but he's not Nash.

5. Little General

This thread is dumb... Our biggest weakness is not the offense, it's the defense.
    And saying that only 1 player is killing the team is stupid. You need to play to the player's strength and we all know that shooting 3's is not Lin's strongest asset. And the drives has been working, you're acting as if most of the drives are fails. Lin is one of the leaders in the leagues with driving in the paint and finishing.

1 person likes this.
  6. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

Jeremy is smarter in ball handling than others. I believe he will choose a better way of attack at that moment. Sometimes, it is good opportunity to shoot 3, but feels bad. As for turnover, it is hard to predict.

7. James88

James88 Member

Obviously the title is a bit tongue in cheek. If you read my first paragraph, it's ****ing clear. But I'm allowed to write about Jeremy. And I'm pointing out his #1 weakness that he could fix right after he eats breakfast.

IT'S A HUGE WEAKNESS IN HIS GAME. 40% 3pt shooters that refuse to shoot and have high turnover rates is ****ing dumb as ****.

8. James88

James88 Member

As for his driving into the paint and finishing, I know Jeremy is really dominant in that area of his game.

But I think it's actually screwing up his decision making. He has the mentality of being a primary drive to the rim guy, while only taking the most wide open 3's, when no one else in the same area code as him.

But he should be doing the reverse. He should be looking to jack 3's and establish that's he's doing his Steve Novak impersonation, then driving to the rim when the defense adjusts by closing out on him harder.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwight is a clown and he likes Jokes... so Lin is going to stay.

McHale and Morey will make Dwight happy.

10. James88

James88 Member

Next time you see the Warriors play, watch how often Klay and Steph jack 3's. That's what Jeremy should be doing. If he really is a 40% 3pt shooter, then he should have games where he's jacking 10 3's a game. Every time he's on the perimeter without the game, he should specifically be looking to hunt for a 3pt shot off someone's pass. It should the be #1 thing on his mind.

Luckily Jeremy is also a pretty quick, so he'd be better than guys like Redick or even Steph when driving to the hoop. But Jeremy is making it very easy for the defense, simply by not being aggressive from 3pt range. He's basically spotting the other team something like 2 points a game.

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

There were a number of times in the game tonight when Lin was wide open standing behind the three point line, guys drive, and they don't pass to him; meanwhile they did pass out to Beverley.

Conspiracy? Seriously though.

1 person likes this.
  12. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

My mind flash with the picture when Harden refuses to pass to Lin for open 3.

13. Lihao

Lihao Member

he's not a great shooter like Thompson and Curry, he know it and we also do, thus that's why he didn't jack up 3's as much as possible. No way he'll be able to maintain 40% if he shoot with high volume .

anyway ,in your opinion, who will hurt the team more? the one with higher fg% but shoot less or the one with lower fg% but can't stop shooting?

14. torocan

torocan Member

Most likely he doesn't have the green light to shoot the 3 this season. Not to mention with Casspi and Garcia he's probably expected to get the ball to them as much as possible.

And last night's game I think is more an issue of elbow injury than choice of shot.

1 person likes this.
  15. nchan

nchan Member

Jeremy doesn't want to shoot 3 pters and it's killing the team. Lol, this thread is hilarious. But I do agree. He should shoot 3 pters more. He's already an elite at finishing at the rim.

16. trock

trock Member

I wouldn't mind if he let it fly more. I also wouldn't mind if he developed a quick step back mid range jumper. The way he can get by his guy at will, he really can just jab step and create separation. He just needs to be decisive about scoring. What I no longer want to see are the drives into the paint and stopping looking for a bail out.

17. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

Maybe I am faraway. I just wonder why a missing shot without an offensive rebound is not a turnover?

Someone got the answer?

18. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

He couldn't shoot AT ALL last night because of his elbow injury yet he still blew by Clippers. I guess they didn't know he was injured. LOL.

19. James88

James88 Member

Yeah, I know other players make mistakes by not passing. But I'm talking about what Jeremy can fix by himself easily. And it's a HUGE flaw in this game. Jeremy can't make Harden pass him the ball, but he can take more 3pt shots when he gets the ball.

I know he's probably not Curry, but that's not the point. Jeremy needs to discover how durable his 3pt% is. There's no tension in the defense if you're a 40%+ 3pt shooter that refuses to shoot. The defense doesn't mind giving you 2 or 3 attempts a game, when it should be 5 or 6. Maybe Jeremy's equilibrium for 3PA is around 5 attempts per 36min. But I guarantee you it's alot higher than just 3 shots. He needs to shoot until it starts dropping to around 38%.

Judging from how often everyone else shoots, he most likely has the green light. First of all, alot of these shots are already OPEN SHOTS. This isn't even including the ones that he should be shooting with a guy trailing near him. He's simply passing up shots, taking a dribble, then trying to beat the defender. He should be shooting off the dribble, off the pick, quick catch-and-shoots with a defender just off him, look for 3's in transition. I'm not even including those in his game right now. He's simply making the worst decision making for a good 3pt shooter that I've ever seen. IT'S HORRENDOUS.

Yeah, he might've had a bad elbow last game. But how the **** do we actually know that, or know that it'd affect his 3pt attempts. He's been 40% for awhile now, with a good elbow, and still he refuses to shoot.

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

*** damn #newage posters! I'm too old for this ****. Bite me!

With your troll or idiotic logic Javale and Horford should jack up them treys all day, especially Javale since he's shooting 100%.

Have you ever considered that Lin's 3pt % is high cuz he hasn't taken that many?? More than likely as the season progresses, it'll probably drop to the mid 30s. **** ****** **********!!!!