1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin won't shoot 3pters and it's killing the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James88, Nov 10, 2013.

1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

James88 = Lin

2. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Reverse jinx:p

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

My only worry is that Jeremy is a confidence player. If he misses one or two 3 pters he won't shoot another for the rest of the quarter, and maybe the half. He doesn't have that kind of cold-blooded mentality that shooters get once they become confident in their shot. I think shooting more 3 pters is a red herring because that's not as important as being confident and developing that shooter's mentality.

That's exceptionally difficult IMO for a pass-first PG like Lin. He's going to have to be able to turn it on and off like Chris Paul, but maybe in reverse. Whereas CP3 passes before shooting, Lin should shoot before he passes. If his shot is off then he should look to create.

4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

If Morey tweets that he's impressed with Lin's work ethic then the rest of the team better take notice.

5. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

They need to send DHo12 and CP25 to Lin's shooting coach.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

doubt it has much to do with coaching. Just go out there and put up a couple hundred jump shots, there's no other way to learn and develop that muscle memory except by doing.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

practice doesnt make perfect

perfect practice makes perfect

8. neostars

neostars Member

No completely off track. Most all player can be cold-blooded, including Lin.
    It really up to the coach if they will allow this to happen.
    Mchale does not have the confidence in Lin and when he misses a couple, he gets bench. Only time Lin stay is if Harden is injured.
    This the real reason Lin does not want to shoot too much most of the time.
    Just rewind back to Linsanity and see want he can do if the coach let him run wild.

9. James88

James88 Member

Passing up an open 3, often leads to a turnover for Lin. It happened 3 times to Lin that I saw in this game. Guess which players have really low turnover rates? 3pt shooting guards whose role is to catch and shoot. If he just took every open 3pt shot, like he should, then he'd easily reduce his turnovers, at least by 1 per 36min.

Yes, and God sent Jeremy to us Earth people as a test to see if you're going to become an ******* who can't think straight when discussing Jeremy. God didn't expect people to worship Jeremy more than God (lol, you'd think God would've seen that coming, all-knowing and that), so now God is kind've jealous, but then God remembered that he created McHale, so God is chill again.

Please don't insult my intelligence.

Oh, poor Jeremy. How will he ever cope? I mean he's having such a hard time, we should make him some chicken soup and chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk. Then maybe give him a fluffy teddy bear, so he can cuddle and talk sweetly to him, and let him know it'll all be okay that he misses 2 shots in a row.

**** people like you. Could you be more patronizing? Is Jeremy Lin some rape victim or did he come back from war or does he have a mental disorder? Not even Royce White, who actually has a mental condition, gets this much puppy love protection from Rockets fans (not that he should). Jeremy isn't an 8-year old boy. He's a man who's really smart. Smarter than 99% in life. When he makes dumb basketball decisions, he deserves all the criticism in the world for it. SHOOT EVERY OPEN 3 YOU GET, YOU ******* JEREMY LIN.

10. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Damn chill Lin. I thought you were Christian bro. Is this like your alter ego?

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Really happy with how he played last night. I would like to see him play like that with Harden in the game.

12. torocan

torocan Member

He did in the Raptors game... at least in terms of scoring.

In terms of assists, it's a bit harder when so many touches are consumed by Harden, post touches to Dwight, and team mates who for some reason can't hit the broad side of a barn except when they're dunking or hitting a put back.

Especially when he's being asked to be a spot up shooter because nobody else can hit a bucket. Lord I hope our guys can find their shot again real soon. :(

13. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Looking forward to the "Jeremy Lin shoots too much 3 pointers and it's killing the team" thread.

Jokes aside, the guy is shooting 51.4% behind the line. If you told me that Lin was gonna be the team's best 3 point shooter, I probably would have called you the biggest lof there is. Obviously he's not gonna sustain that percentage, but I hope he can be a consistent 43% 3 point shooter for this season. Having a respectable outside shot would open up his game so much more.

14. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Dude, this PG is guarding opposite SG and played 48 minutes. Tons of turnover on 4 quarter because he was tired. Stop complaining

15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's like Fight Club starting Lin...

16. jamphus

jamphus Member

Second!

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Props to you TC nice call

18. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I posted this in another thread, but it's also relevant to this one:

You know if you really think about it, even with Dwights awful free throw shooting included we would have a much better record so far if the team shot better from the arc. The total count for the team beyond the arc is 32% (78 out of 243 attempts). Below are the players shooting below 32%:

Made/Attempts/Percentage
    PBev 7/28/.250
    Harden 16/58/.276
    Parsons 8/36/.222
    Brooks 2/8/.250

I know Dwights FT's would be a big difference but if you just assume the guy will never improve from the foul line, our shots beyond the arc dropping at least 30% would have made a difference. There are a ton of factors besides low 3pt shooting that account for our losses so far, but this is something that can be fixed a lot quicker. Ironically, they just have to keep shooting!

19. RRockets

RRockets Member

Yes, indeed.

Pb made 1 of 5 three pointers
    CP made 1 of 5 three pointers

If each made 2 of 5 three pointers (40%), and Dwight made one more free throw, that would be totally different story.

20. peter2012

peter2012 Member

OMGc, 16/58/.276 harden, why shoot so many 3s? Wow .276.