1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin won't shoot 3pters and it's killing the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James88, Nov 10, 2013.

1. SugarLandDream8

2 OT games in a row where he played 40-50 mpg for a player who avgs low 30s clearly his legs were shot. Again he broke the record for most 3s made at the Wachovia center. It's beyond stupid to complain about him not taking more 3s TONIGHT. I never said anything except for tonight when you complained he did not take enough 3s tonight.

3 point shooting has been one of the "knocks" against Lin in the past so clearly he is smart enough not to start jacking up 3s. If he did and missed a lot that is a recipe for not being an NBA player anymore when his contract is over. A player who is known to be a "poor" 3 point shooter jacking up 20 3s a game and McHale would have a legit excuse to bench him. Maybe that is what you want for Lin to be benched or to be out of the NBA.

2. James88

James88 Member

Why did your parents have sex? :(

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He shot 15. god. just play in traffic

1 person likes this.
  4. Reach

Reach Member

[​IMG]

I just like the gif.

5. James88

James88 Member

Enough arguing with close-minded stupid people (the worst kind of stupid) for now. Good night.

6. SugarLandDream8

So your mom can have someone to...

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

First you make this abortion of a thread, and now you're seriously trying to sit here and say that Lin DIDNT SHOOT ENOUGH when he shot 15 threes and broke the building record.

But no. Jeremy Lin won't shoot and its killing this team?

Shocking perimeter D, turnovers (untimely ones as well), crap rotations, game and roster management are whats hurting this team.

You look worse than that GlenRice dude last year and THAT is no mean feat.

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

James88....is that you Dei?

9. RRockets

RRockets Member

Jeremy Lin won't shoot 3 pters ?

Well, Jer3my did it tonight.

10. mikus

mikus Member

The thread title is a bit inflammatory and on the surface saying that Lin didn't shoot enough 3s on a night when he shoots 15 of them seems ludicrous, but(while I don't presume to speak for James88), I think that what he's trying to say is that Lin left some good shots on the table and that given the way he was shooting he probably should have taken them. If that is what he means, I think it's a valid point.

However, some of the other guys missed some really good looks. Can't do that when you're trying to close out a game on the road like this. We only shot 44% from the field overall and if you take out Lin and Howard's shots, really the rest of the team shot like crap. Our shooters(outside of Lin) are in some kind of shooting slump and hopefully there will be regression back to the mean at some point.

11. jayland

jayland Member

3 pointers isn't Lin's problem. It's his turnovers and weak defense that is killing the team.

12. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

These are all good valid points. I hope he does fix his TO's with better decision making. He's defense isn't that bad overall, but this game was really bad, maybe it has something to do with guarding a guy who's 4" taller.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This thread was created several days ago, not tonight. Actually, I think Lin's shooting tonight proved the OP's point that Jeremy needs to shoot more threes.

14. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin's been great. Other players (e.g., Parsons, Bev, Cisco) not meeting expectations plus McHale's questionable coaching is actually killing the team.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Hard to prove that point in one game, and OP is being a bit aggressive in what he thinks of as an open shot. Still, more than the 2 or 3 a game he has been doing does seem like it would be a good idea.

16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

That's like a 6'6" SF guarding Dwight...

17. hahachui

hahachui Member

It is magic!
    OP please make some more THREADs
    5 STARS

My suggestion is
    "Howard wont make free throws hurts the Team."
    "Harden won't pass hurts the Team."

18. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

No way. Dei has a stroke every time Jeremy shot the ball.

This guy wants Jeremy to become a chucker.

19. afk

afk Member

That would be awesome! :grin:

20. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

James88, are u prophet?