1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin won't shoot 3pters and it's killing the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James88, Nov 10, 2013.

1. James88

James88 Member

If he shot 8 or 9 attempts today, and I complained, you could use the same logic. Don't you see how ridiculous it is?

I complained the previous game saying that he passed up too many obvious 3's.

It's not about hitting a number. It's about recognizing the situation when you're open from 3, and then shooting it. IT'S THAT ****ING SIMPLE.

If you're open 7 times, you shoot 7 times. If you're open 20 times, you shoot 20 times. Every time he ****s that up, he's hurting his own game and his team.

2. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I think you need to stop trolling.

3. grauser01

grauser01 Member

I start to think that Lin should really always shoot if he is open. He is better than 40% so he should take the 3pters.

Wow, this guy has really improved!

4. James88

James88 Member

at least someone gets it

5. FacePalmMaster

He's shooting 51.4% for the season as of tonight. He won't maintain it but I'm hopefull he can make at least 2 threes a game and be a respectable threat.

6. jk103

jk103 Member

How many shots he takes per game is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is how many open shots he takes vs how many open shots he passes up. If Lin, Garcia, Harden, Beverly, Parsons, or Caspi is open for a 3, they need to take it (jury's still out on TJones). It's a good shot, whether it's their first of the night or their 15th.

7. yummyhawtsauce

lol agreed. so nitpicky. guy gets a career high in 3pt shooting - "WHY YOU NO MAKE MORE 3s?"

8. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

pissed off at how the game went... sees this thread title... LOL'D

9. Reach

Reach Member

The point was absolutely valid before the Toronto game. Stop being so sensitive.

10. James88

James88 Member

No. It's "WHY YOU NO TAKE OPEN 3S?"

11. eomor131

eomor131 Member

Calm down !
    Some comments are too ridiculous

12. James88

James88 Member

Assuming he's a legit 40% 3pt shooter, I don't give a **** if he misses 10 in a row. If he's open from 3, he has to shoot. The only exception if when he has someone open underneath for a layup or dunk.

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin will be a superstar. What we saw during Linsanity was just a glimpse of what he can do. When he reaches his prime in 2 years it's going to be very impressive.

14. mikus

mikus Member

I'm not putting any blame on Lin for this loss, but in the 4th quarter I think he tried to get his teammates involved and some of that resulted in bad TOs. I think that if he is shooting like he was tonight, he just needs to keep looking for his own shot. Keep taking good shots and he would have easily had 40+ pts. Without Harden playing, Lin's gotta be the man and do whatever he has to for us to win the game.

People talking about the return of Linsanity, but to me, it ain't truly Linsanity if you don't win the game!

15. James88

James88 Member

At the very least, I hope you guys would at least realize he should be shooting A ****ING LOT more the 3 attempts per 36 minutes that he averaged before this game.

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

D'antoni > McHale

17. SugarLandDream8

Lin broke the record for the most 3s made in Wachovia Center history and you complain he did not take enough 3s TONIGHT. As I said his legs were shot by the 4th quarter so he should not have taken more 3s than he did tonight.

18. James88

James88 Member

I agree with everything you said about the 4th quarter, there were definitely multiple 3's he passed up. Trying to force a post pass to Howard or trying to pump fake and drive.

He turned it over at least once there, maybe twice, immediately after passing up a 3.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. I'm not blaming him for the loss, but he could've definitely played better. If anything, LOFs should think of that as a compliment. He made at least 7 poor decisions at the 3-line tonight by passing up open shots, leading to 3 turnovers (off the top of my head) and alot of dead possessions.

19. James88

James88 Member

I love how you have advances medical devices tracking him. Please share this data. Somehow this logic didn't apply when he made those 3s in the OT.

20. jk103

jk103 Member

I'm as big a LOF as it gets, and proud of it. But there was an interview last season, I don't remember exactly when, where Lin said pretty much the same thing - It's selfish to not take the open shot. And the same goes for every Rocket player who's pump-faked a wide open 3 the last few games.