1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin with Rockets > Jeremy Lin with Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 6, 2013.

1. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

I actually agree with this. I rewatched some linsanity highlights a while back (e.g. 38 pt game vs the Lakers), and Jeremy's motion & moves overall seem a lot more refined this year than they were during the Knicks run last year, despite the less gaudy numbers.

He's definitely improving as a player.

2. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Melo is a better scorer, but Hardens games is more polished. Trust me Lin is better off with Harden than Melo also I'm pretty sure he agrees. Anyways Melo is the kinda guy that probably hated how Lin stole the spotlight

3. zman2002

zman2002 Member

Let's put this way, ego wise, Melo >> Harden

It seems though Woodson somehow keeps Melo's ego in check.

4. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Don't insult Calvin Murphy like that. Calvin wouldn't want to be attached to a guy that made racist comments.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've actually met Calvin Murphy and Jeremy Lin.

why don't you go sing some karaoke somewhere , you Milli Vanillis

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t0qTOkUPlGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#45 tinman, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. just a word

just a word Member

Agreed. Also think that he's slowly improved from learning to avoid/escape hardtraps since the beginning of the year and vastly improved as a spot-up shooter and with off-ball movement. His off-ball can still improve, along with finishing with his left, and I think he can still improve on defense; but the improvement is already so exciting to see!

He's even integrating his floaters back into his game now, so that's even better. :grin:

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Not enough lob assists and tomahawk dunks for me to arrive to a conclusion as per this thread title :cool:

8. Exel

Exel Member

Is it even called karaoke if you only lip sync?

9. mikus

mikus Member

I wanna see more alley oops!

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

in newyork, most of the linsanity games were with carmelo being out. jeremy was a one man show with dantoni letting him do whatever. J.Lin has gotten better here with his decision making, passing, and defense. Just need to cut down the turnovers but I like him complimenting Harden. and also guys Parson on the Rockets this year>>> Parsons on the Rockets last year. that makes a difference.

11. hltiki

hltiki Member

Although I agree Lin is a better player than he was in NYC, but how can people still call or even imply that it was a fluke?!

Was he miraculously blessed by an omnipotent entity/entities of some sort? Was he somehow possessed by some metaphysical universal force, as if somehow channeling and tapping into some energy from a conscious, or perhaps unconscious, singularity?

or perhaps everyone who he played against, including Dwill, was cursed by Poseidon while Lin was blessed by Zeus? i just dont understand why it's a fluke is all....

12. tinman

Supporting Member

it's called bad karoake

13. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

ON TOPIC:

I've been wanting to say this for a while. I watched every game of Linsanity last year and I've watched almost every Rockets' game this year so far. Remember at the beginning of the season when people kept talking about how Lin couldn't shoot, couldn't defend, couldn't go left, couldn't maintain his dribble. It's crazy just how much he has improved just within this year.

Take last night's game for example. He got 22/8. And even the Portland commentators were saying how Harden is really taking over the PG role on this team. Imagine if Lin was the main PG more? Like PGs on many other teams. He could easily have been 25-30/12. And he'd easily be averaging 18/8 this season IMO. He's been playing at all star level the last couple of months but it's not really showing in his stats because he's only been playing 30 minutes a game and he only gets to actually play as a PG on half the possessions that he's on the court.

People can dismiss my opinion as an LOF, and I'm sure many will. But I don't understand how people can ignore these two basic facts.

1) Lin is a much better player this year than he was last year during Linsanity.
    2) His stats ARE going to be affected because of the system not giving him as much freedom or ball dominance as he had in NY.
    3) He's been on a much shorter leash with less opportunities to redeem himself at the end of games when he has a slow start, the way he did in NY.

This is why McHale frustrates me. Because I feel that unless Lin is playing like an all star, he's going to get benched, because Mchale considers Harden to be the best distributor/playmaker on the team, which to him makes Lin redundant, which is why you might as well bench him and get beverly in for the extra energy/hustle since Harden can do all the playmaking anyway. Though last few games he seems to be trusting Lin a bit more... let's see how long it continues.

OFF TOPIC: Also, Bleedred and Akim can you guys please just let it go with the tinman stuff, it's already ruined one thread and it's ruining this one also. Just put him on ignore if you hate him that much. Also tinman, stop trying to troll with posts like the one in the other thread, it's unbecoming of someone with all those green pips and long time fandom cause you'll just bring out the worst of the LOFs with that.

1 person likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

nobody knew his game, once they figured it out his weaknesses and got a chance to scout him, his performance went down.

Now he gets a chance to fully develop in houston with the pressure mainly on james harden.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

They are winning, that's what the coach is judged on.

there are several players that the coaches can't afford to bench, like Durant or LeBron.

16. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Come on. Jeremy has been under immense pressure since day one. Look at all the threads about him on this forum, including the 'Jeremy Lin is a joke' at the start of the season when he was still just back from injury.

He was also under huge pressure to just stay on the court, losing minutes to Douglas and then Beverly all season long.

Sure Harden had to live up to his No. 1 billing, but the difference is that Harden got the full support of the coaching staff, who've moulded the team to maximise Harden's game and Lin was made to sacrifice his game (being the main PG) in order to facilitate Harden's.

17. ngazi

ngazi Member

No what ifs)))

18. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Sure, that doesn't mean that he's made the right decision every time. And I don't think he has where it concerns Lin. I'm not saying Lin should have been unbenchable like Durant or Lebron, that's a strawman argument to imply that I said that.

But he has been benched quite inexplicably even when playing well many times this season. It all points to a lack of faith of the coach in him, which is not good to develop your starting PG. But I really don't want to get into a back and forth on that.

The point of my point was not necessarily about Mchale, but about how people don't take into account McHale's handing of Lin when they look at his stats and judge him as a player based solely on them.

But the Rockets are winning and I think that Lin is getting a decent chance to play the last few games and contributing to the team. I'm delighted about both things though I still think he's underrated by many people here.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin doesn't care about Internet forums. His pressure is that big contract he signed and the fact he's not an unknown player anymore.

I get that some people want this:

1.Jeremy Lin to be the star of the game every night
    2.The Rockets win

The only thing I care about is #2. #1 will happen once in awhile, that's ok, but i'll never be unhappy with a win.

The Rockets with Hakeem olajuwon had everyone sacrifice their game, but that was fine. they all knew he was the best player on the team.

I hope you know that Harden is our best player.

Clyde Drexler is a hall of famer, and he knew Dream was the best player on the team when he joined the Rockets.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

my bad. Rick Adelman went to TWO NBA Finals with some dude named Drexler.

He can win with a TRUE leader.