1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin vs A Former Rockets PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 11, 2012.

1. thekad

thekad Member

Honestly, Rafer was probably better.

2. Allegro

Allegro Member

You aren't being fair in using Lin's 14.6/6.2 per game last year, as he spent the first half of the season getting only garbage time, if that. The per 36 minute numbers are more indicative of Lin's impact in a game, as a starter plays about that many minutes. When you view the numbers that way -- the only fair way -- Lin's 19.6/8.3 when he was healthy last year are better than Kenny's <b>career best</b> 18.4/7.4. And Lin is likely to improve.

Well, what I have shown is that Lin <i>has</i> produced at Kenny's rate. Jeremy hasn't done it for ten years like Kenny -- but that is only because he hasn't played ten years yet.

Perhaps you are letting this season overly influence your current rating of Lin. If so, note that he isn't healthy yet; the elevation on his shot is not the same as it was last year. I remember when he hit a 3 over Dirk Nowitski in a comeback win over the Mavs. Now Dirk is not exactly the greatest defender in the world, to put it mildly, but he is long. I remember being impressed that Lin could shoot over him. Lin's elevation is not the same as it was then, and the difference is probably affecting his timing. So I wouldn't worry yet.

1 person likes this.
  3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I was there is the 90's also and saw every game. Do you remember how we used to have to buy some of the early round play off games.

I'm not getting on Kenny, he was a good shooting PG who did well because of Dream. I must have had my eyes closed because I hardly ever saw him drive the lane. If I remember right he got taken out bad why driving the lane in college and never seemed to get over the fear of it.
    Sam Cassell, there was a guy who could drive the lane. He also was the one that usually finished the games with Kenny left sitting on the bench.

Yea, you can lay some knowledge on me or bring back some memories to me as long as you don't try to tell me he was a jet.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny doesn't jack up airball wide open 3s in the clutch.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F8FGllZ7VKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Lowry>Kenny>Brooks>Alston>Lin>Barret

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol.

Franchise> Kenny> Cassel > Lowry/Brooks > alston > lin > barr....wait whodafuq?

Alston after a couple of seasons was actually a decent PG. He got the job done when we had nice shooters around.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam Cassell shutting up Knicks fans In New York.

Clutch City is in purest form.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qunCpYSvnqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I don't think stats tell the whole story. Something I like about Lin is that he can affect the game positively even when his shot isn't falling, a very good sign for a young player. Yes, he had a rough game tonight, but he's also essentially in his second year.

Listen, none of us had high hopes coming into this season. Our team is rebuilding. Tonight, if nothing else, gave me a glimpse of where this team can be in another couple of years.

Consistency comes with time. Lin will figure it out. Asik is only getting better. And Houston is once again become a real free agent destination.

So enjoy watching a young team, and let them surprise you.