1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin vs A Former Rockets PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 11, 2012.

1. nono

nono Member

I think most will agree you're nothing more than a troll.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Kenny Smith was a heck of a point guard. I know you only started watching out team when lin came, but do some research dude. Smith was a much better shooter, had better handles, passer and ran the team then Lin.Kenny and Ellie were clutch SOB's to.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who in Rockets history is better than Jeremy Lin as PG then?

You think he's really better than Kenny? A starting point guard on 2 nba championships?

you think mario chalmers can force Kenny Smith into a bunch of turnovers in a nationally televised game?

A young kenny smith? a 25 year old Kenny?

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I thought lin was sensational last night. the way he ran the fast breaks and found Harden in the open court was great. Lin needs to keep doing that .

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Don't worry. some people don't respect the organization enough to do research.

6. itachen

itachen Member

Just registered here but have been lurking for a while. Saying that comparison is an insult is quite harsh, man. Kenny's best statistical season had 17.7/7.1/2.1, shooting 52/36/84. That looks pretty much achievable for Jeremy Lin. For the lack of shooting %, he makes it up from the rebounding.

1 person likes this.
  7. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

8. nono

nono Member

I never saw Kenny Smith play. I couldn't give less of a **** whether he was a better shooter, had better handles etc etc. It's just the sheer futility of stupid threads like this that get to me. Why compare a veteran championship point guard to a guy who has just started 6 games so far for the team in a very transformed role ? What is the purpose of this ? Where does it go if not to just troll ? Should we start making threads comparing Clyde Drexler to Chandler Parsons just to crap on him ?

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

its freaking the Franchise...

10. tinman

Supporting Member

you replied to me implying that Kenny Smith was only good cause he played with Hakeem not Asik.

The answer was not Kenny Smith. The poster made people actually try to do research so we can see who's similar statistically as a Rockets point guard.

I was referring that no way it was Kenny Smith based on his debut as a Rocket.

Nobody hates Lin pal, we want him to play well and hopes he plays better, but you got to know he has weaknesses he has to work on.

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

this.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Unfortunately from their point of view, anyone who mentions anything that can be misinterperted as an anti-lin comment is branded a racist, nazi and a lin hater.Even TOF's and YOF's were more rational to tell you the truth.

13. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Why are you bring up that game he played against the Heat to put Lin down? What about the Laker game when he scored 38 points or the Mavs game where he scored 28 points? Double standards, you keep telling us not to bring up what he did not the Knicks, but you're doing it yourself.

14. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

you're a racist, a nazi, and a Lin hater.

there, now your post has a bit of truth to it.

carry on..

15. nono

nono Member

I absolutely agree. It's just with you I can never tell whether you're trolling or trying to make a serious point. The point of this thread seems to be that Lin is Rafer Alston/some other crap point guard that played for the Rockets, and all I'm saying is that it is pointless to say this about a player who has never started a whole season before and has played only 6 games for the team.

Lin has played like an average point guard so far. However he will improve. He already passes really well . He shoots his free throws well which may be an indication that with more work on his jumper he will become a much better shooter too. He is quick and has great court vision. He rebounds very well for his position and gets lots of steals. No one knows where he will eventually end up in his career. But he has the tools to become a top point guard in this league. It's too early to make any judgement on whether he will be good or bad.

My suggestion to all of you is to just enjoy the ride. We are not competing this season anyways, and have the cap space to add a max free agent or trade for a max player. When that happens this team will take a huge jump. We will be right up there competing with the best.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Exhibit A.

17. pnr

pnr Member

So we're drawing conclusions about a player based on him playing 6 games for the Rockets. Makes sense.

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

We are , I mean they are, already drawing conclusions even before he plays a regular season game before the season starts. Gogi/Lowry is much better than Lin....Yeah, could be, would be, who knows?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I think Lin is great person, bad taste in music, but that's ok.
    I really want him to play well.

Rafer Alston wasn't that bad. Under JVG, because of JVG's offense, he had to shoot lots of spot up 3s.
    under Adelman, he was MUCH better, Rick let him be Skip to my Lou.

I just want people be real about Lin, he's not better right now than Kenny Smith was when he debuted as a point guard. However, he can improve. He has the skill and attitude.

Kenny Smith came out of North Carolina and was in the PG with Michael Jordan. He was really sensation, and I believe he was the #6 pick in the draft.

Lin is an underdog story, which is great, but now with the Rockets, it's his chance to prove himself.

You're going to get comparisons because that's fans of teams do. they compare. This happened to Yao, then Yao proved himself to be one bad ass player. Then the talk wasn't about comparing him to anyone.

I like Lin and I really hope he improves.

20. nono

nono Member

What wouldn't I give to have Rick Adelman as the coach again.