1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin vs A Former Rockets PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 11, 2012.

1. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

skips handles>>>>>>>

2. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

True story, I didn't know Lin's handle was that bad honestly.
    Skip had some of the best handles in the NBA.

Actually in NBA open court, when asked about best ballhandlers, 3 out of 7 said Skip.

3. heads.up

heads.up Member

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be good or bad that you are drawing comparisons of our young PG to someone like Skip Alston....I for one have higher expectations for Lin.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I can sort of see the Bobby Sura comparison ...

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I don't see the comparison at all in play style.

6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

What an interesting observation; but your comparisons stop there. There was no Rafersanity, Rafer didn't go to Harvard, and Rafer didn't shoot free throws with a bloody nose. It's a bit early to deem these two as similar players. No? If the stats trend sustain through end of year then I'll admit you made an incredible discovery.

7. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Why was there no name given?

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Oh baby! Oh baby!

[​IMG]

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

does anyone remember emanuel "email" davis...only O.G. rockets fans remember him.

10. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Steve Francis

11. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Why do peeps think he's a liability on D?

When he's focused he can D up pretty up good on occasions and otherwise is atleast average.

Harden gets blown by much more.

12. geekSnake

geekSnake Member

good ole days, I wonder where are Skip and Head now?

13. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Legendary

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4Z_F9Zzyi6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I don't know if we will ever see JLin score 30 pts again.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stop insulting Kenny Smith dude. Lin with the Rockets has done NOTHING like this debut.
    Call me when Lin has a game where he shoots 73% scores 35 points and 11 assists

Kenny game one with the Rockets:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fboxscores%2F199011020POR.html&div=div_HOU_basic"></script>

game 2
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fboxscores%2F199011030SEA.html&div=div_HOU_basic"></script>

game 3
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fboxscores%2F199011060HOU.html&div=div_HOU_basic"></script>

game 4
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fboxscores%2F199011080HOU.html&div=div_HOU_basic"></script>

game 5
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fboxscores%2F199011100SAS.html&div=div_HOU_basic"></script>

game 6
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fboxscores%2F199011110HOU.html&div=div_HOU_basic"></script>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#35 tinman, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  16. nono

nono Member

I think we can all agree that playing besides Hakeem Olajuwon is quite different than playing with Omer Asik.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Kenny Smith is a much better point guard than Lin.
    He runs the pick and roll better.
    He's better shooter.
    He's more clutch (we're talking post season and nba finals).
    He has less turnovers.
    He has better handles.

I think we can all agree you don't know anything about Kenny Smith.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

People seem to forget that Lin is really still a rookie in terms of minutes played. To me the most obvious comparison for Lin is a young Tony Parker. Not saying he will get to Parker's level but I think he has a very similar profile as a player and should really take note of how Parker developed as a player(albiet under far better coaches than we have here in Houston).

....it's funny because I always thought Harden was a Ginobili 2.0 type of guy and now that we have a guy who seems like a young Parker, and a young Manu, obviously I'm looking for the next Duncan for this roster. I don't know who that would be, but I'm happy with the pieces we managed to get in Houston so far.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hey now, I did say off the top of my head...(supposed to be the fun part of the game without cheating), and I thought those were career numbers. Apparently... SOME PEOPLE are cheating when they start posting notes from basketballreference.com.

I knew it couldn't be right because of the 3 point %, but it was a wild guess. Somehow didn't think of Skip to my Lou because I guess I just don't consider him "legendary."

Kenny was a huge part of the first championship. I do remember every second of the championship years. When he came into the league I was very young, but I know he was very well regarded in his early days, and put up huge numbers. Still, its not hard to imagine his career averages being somewhat similar with the 3PT% exception.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn't cheat. I knew Kenny's debut was sensational.
    I have to put it out there cause stats don't lie.

of course Kenny is a better shooter! listen to your heart dude.