1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin upset with his play against Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Funny how Lin deserves compliments for putting it "on me" but T-Mac was ridiculed here for doing the same.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

I love the fact that he owns up to things and he seems like a great person and a good teammate, but we NEED him to show up in games like this and he hasn't. There really is no excuse for it. If you're not scoring well than you need to be doing other things to contribute to a victory whether it be defense, assisting, rebounding, etc. We got nothing.

Props to Jeremy for being a stand up guy though. I genuinely feel for him, but I can no longer ignore and I'm running out of the ability to forgive. Unfortunately, he is being paid millions of dollars to win basketball games, not humanitarian awards.

3. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

The point he was trying to get across was that at least Lin has some respect for the fanbase, not like Asik who despite earning 8.3mil a year, rejects all interviews.

Was that so hard to understand? It has relevance to this thread because this thread is about a Lin interview stating how disappointed he was in his performance against the Clippers.

1 person likes this.
  4. redglare92

redglare92 Member

He's aware that he needs to find way out of this slump, which is good. He sounded sincerely frustrated in that interview. I think there is a legitimate clash between his strengths and the offense that the Rockets have right now. He does look out of it with Harden on the floor at the same time, other people have mentioned this too. Maybe it's just me, but he plays better when he's the primary playmaker running the offense. There's got to be a way of getting him back into the swing of things.

5. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Agreed.
    Dwight also has the propensity to do that and I hope neither will in the playoffs.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Wut? T-Mac did it before the game...Lin did it after. Big difference.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Lin may not be giving us $8 million worth of on the court production, but at least he's making up for it with brutally honestly post-game interviews!

8. Lovemachine2000

You know T-Mac QUIT on the team right?!

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If you are mentally weak, your weaknesses will stick like a sore thumb, against players who are supremely confident like Paul. IMO, Lin, in his own mind, thought that he could not do much against Paul.

I suspect this is the same problem with TJones. Plays very well against scrub PFs, but shrinks against tougher competition.

Both need to overcome these mental obstacles. Just ask Bev, who has balls of steel. That man plays hard against anybody.

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Or maybe Jones is in his second season after only playing a limited number of games in his rookie season. Nothing to do with mental weakness.

Chris Paul is just better than Lin. You are taking his post match comments and for some reason attributing them to his pre-game mentality.

11. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

One bad game after 3 good games. There is no such thing as a one game slump.

Parsons on the other hand...

Anyways, hope Beverley makes it back for the playoffs from his knee tear.

12. Neped

Neped Member

He will bounce back. It's only one game. Just needs to be confident in his shot and stop deferring to much.

13. Neped

Neped Member

*too (fixed)

14. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Is this Lin's ceiling probably?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty sure this is the Lin slogan every time Lin plays bad, which is about half of the games...

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Actions speak louder than words.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lin sucked and nobody should "feel bad for him." However, Bev unexpectedly went down for an injury after so long and Lin was thrown in the starting lineup against one of the five best teams in the league and a team he's always struggled with.

He should bounce back and be better against other teams, but he needs to step it up in the playoffs when we play the likes of LAC and OKC, teams he's rarely ever had success with.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Blah blah blah is all I ever hear from the sorry excuse of a basketball player. This team has an opportunity to be a dynasty with Harden and Howard. This team just needs to swallow their pride and say signing Lin here was a mistake. Please let the loser rot on another bench. 15 mil can be used elsewhere.

2 people like this.
  19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

too late for regrets. we need guys to show up. Show up or ship out.

he should just defend and on offense, stay out of harden's way

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

seeing that this thread is about lin being upset with lin... then yes, it's hard to understand because it's nonsensical.

asik had nothing to do with this thread until you brought up his name. asik makes as much sense in this thread as a rutabega. is that hard to understand?