1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin upset with his play against Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2014.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Is he upset with his play against OKC?

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

And there we go with the back issue again. Just how long are you going to use that as an excuse?

3. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

I wanted Lin to succeed so bad. In fact, the minute I found out he was a Rocket, I had all my wallpapers with photoshopped Rockets attire. I was expecting Linsanity tenfold. That was so long ago. I have never heard of a player this freakin rich that has taken this much time to improve and actually turn out to be worth their pay in the long run. Let that thought sink in. I'm hearing stories spending his free time gaming (which I heard he does hours in a day), hanging out with "fast" ladies , doing photo shoots, and tons of recreational events. Sounds like maybe a little too much to be doing than working on your game if your in struggle mode. The man is young, so I'm not saying he should take the fun out his life, but he is in a position where he needs to get out this hole he's in, sacrifices are expected from a player of his caliber. I theorize that all these distractions are keeping his head out the game and making him mentally weak. He is making mistakes that rookies RARELY make, but at a higher frequency. Missing easy (and often open) layups, foot on the line from open 3's, the now signature "jump passing" that causes awkward catches or turnovers, run in circles (literally) on the court causing an offensive play to fall apart, and his opponents run all over him. These are things that all NBA PROFESSIONALS should have worked that on their own. You shouldn't need coaching for basic mistakes. For all of you who keep posting these "positive stats" please consider that he is making a lot of errors that stats will not reflect. And those errors are what are coming in bulk. I also see many of these positive numbers come from games we have against teams that have been eliminated from playoff contention. I honestly feel he cares more about having fun off the court than worrying about how he is doing on the court. If he is having personal issues or maybe the team is really treating him poorly behind closed doors, MAYBE I can understand, but I would be surprised if this was the outcome.