1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to be bought out by Hawks, sign with Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi and yoeddy like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

His game agrees with me. He's been turnover prone his whole career. His decision making is atrocious & his low bball IQ is why he'll never be a starter in the NBA again

3. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Nope...I think we've all seen that Melo can't mesh with anybody, and sure, Lin would have been on the outside of that because Dolan was gay for Melo. But the point is that Lin's leaving the Knicks had nothing to do with D'Antoni thinking Lin had low BBIQ like you were asserting here.

They made the playoffs with Lin as the backup PG and Lin received votes for the 6th Man award that season. The year before Lin was there, they won 33 games...the years after, they won 36 games. The year Lin was there, they won 48 games. Lin was clearly a positive contributor to that team.

Yes, he has been injury prone. I never disputed that, not sure why you are bringing that up in a conversation about Lin's BBIQ. No one is disputing that his injuries has dropped his value a lot. And yes, the reason why he is getting bought out is because the Hawks are prioritizing player development of their young players rather than trying to win. Buyouts after the trade deadline are not a new thing, and the situation of a veteran on a rebuilding team is the most common scenario for player buyouts.

And? What's your point? I have never claimed to be a Rockets fan, and I've never claimed to have joined this board prior to Lin arriving. Are you just trying to state the obvious?

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can't argue with a non Rockets fan and a cult follower of Lin
    he won't accept your opinion as based on facts and reality

5. yoeddy

6. yoeddy

Totally agree. Those cult-followers of Lin are crazy...

7. yoeddy

Oh...and I agree with you that he probably won't be a starter in the NBA again. As I've said before, it's a shame that Lin was never able to get into a situation where he had continuity from year to year and was able to develop. Circumstances were unfortunate, as the Nets were really his best shot at getting that, but injuries prevented him from being able to play. At this point in his career and his age, he's probably plateaued well below the potential he had when he entered the league. Bummed that he didn't get that chance, but proud of him that he's been able to stay in the league this long. Far better than many players who have tried.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

he gets plenty of time to develop, as many much time as EVERY NBA PLAYER.

your response is a not true opinion, just a reaction to someone who doesn't believe in Lin as much you do

9. yoeddy

He had plenty of time to develop, but not plenty of situations. This happens to a lot of NBA players...guys who just don't find the right situation and end up out of the league because of it. At least Lin was able to stay in the league this long, so that's good. But if you look at guys like Joe Harris, Spencer Dinwiddie, etc...if those guys didn't get the shot like they did in Brooklyn, they'd be bouncing around the league too...or maybe not even making it out of the G League.

Fwiw, I never claimed that Lin was unique for not finding a good situation. Linsanity was a blessing but also a curse because it probably set expectations too high for where he was in his development, and suddenly he's having to live up to these big contracts before he was ready.

malakas likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

In this case it is rats invading the locusts.
    If Lin fans are members of a cult then Raps fans are patients of a mental asylum. Tough to say who will win.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

wait til the LOF tell the Toronto fans that Lin is the Jackie Robinson of Asians

12. sew

sew Member

Wow, I'd take offense but you're not wrong, lel

malakas likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

haha all in good spirit ofc.
    But are you really a Craptors fan?why, I don't see you liking every post here.:p

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Team Fans > Player only fans

15. malakas

malakas Member

Raps fans are so crazy that all the nba podcasts I listen to are scared of them. Publicly trying to pacify them, least they unleash upon them their fury.

They can outcrazy the crazies LOFs.
    There's no such thing as invading the Raps forum. The Raps forum invades you.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

What will be awesome is when the LOFs repeated mentioning Lin's plight as as an American
    I'm sure the Canadiens will REALLY LOVE THAT

17. tinman

Supporting Member

If Raptors fans and Lin fans were Wrestlers , I would be the guy in the audience throwing in the steel chair for the Raptors fans

sew and malakas like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

So he's a third string behind Lowry and Van Fleet right who are both much better players

tinman likes this.
  19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

wait for the newly bred Raptors LOFs...

malakas likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: