1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: The NBA has given up on me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He has no self confidence at all. He has even discussed how he has struggled to believe in himself. He took it way too personal when the Knicks didn’t sign him (he admitted years later), he whined when the Rockets were going after Anthony and again admitted it made him question himself.

There is a reason so many teams have moved on from him, and it isn’t talented related. He is too sensitive, passive aggressive and doubts himself in a profession and at a level where that just isn’t going to work.

He isn’t the first talented player that had to prove himself. He deserves credit for playing as long as he has and for making as much money as he has; but he could have been even better and the self loathing at this point is pathetic.

2. Nook

Nook Member

We can debate whether a man should be able to cry or complain about the double standard between men and women.... but the reality is, at the most base level, if you are a male and you are a “crier”.... most men and women are not going to respect you.

It’s the same reason that when Dwight “thanked” Kobe, it was a weak move.

Mr Chuck Norris and macho GRANDE like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I agree. This is why Bev and PJ are so beloved. They probably cried in a dark room somewhere away from cameras when The NBA gave up on them too. They went overseas then fought their way back to the NBA.

It shouldn't be considered "pathetic" if Lin is in his feelings at what he feels is his rock bottom.

Roomba and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they should get back to Deuce, this is about context and nuance.

I think he is weeping because of the injuries and it is getting harder to getting back, to play on a higher level.

Sad that his body can't get back, while his mind is torturing himself for it.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw, it's definitely talent related. there are so many whiny, passive, self-doubting players in the NBA with talent and they are gainfully employed.

KD is SUPER whiny, and super talented. No one is taking his contract away because he cries about every little thing everyone says about him.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ehh, I don’t know about all this macho posturing. The reason he didn’t become a true star is that other than quickness, his skills weren’t that great. I think it’s a little presumptuous to sit here psychoanalyzing him and his self confidence. The dude must have had some pretty strong will to make the NBA in the first place, and then to have the Linsanity hot streak.

That said, I agree that it’s a little indulgent for him to complain that no team will sign him when he’s already had a good career, and it’s now over. I didn’t see any videos of Kevin Martin or Aaron Brooks crying when they could no longer get playing time on an NBA roster. It happens to everyone, even stars.

7. Nook

Nook Member

We will just have to agree to disagree.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That reality is the double standard.

It likely won't go away because while everyone can moralize the new social awakening, all we really care deep down are results.

We still think results mainly come from toughness and grit. Crying is not an option.

I think he'd be alright if he didn't crumble under pressure. It's like his fanatic base was pushing him into a position he wasn't totally comfortable being in.

#68 Invisible Fan, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/28/lamar-odom-basketball-big-three-professional/

Lamar is not giving up entirely.

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This thread doesn’t belong in the GARM! :cool:

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Funny to see Steve Francis in this list. :D Jesus dude...

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

feeling sorry for oneself is unbecoming

especially someone in Lin's circumstances

Richie_Rich and bobloblaw like this.
  14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Honestly Lin had the potential to be a productive 6th man off the bench, who could contribute effectively as an undersized PG/SG against the unit of many NBA benches.

His rise to fame unfortunately set expectations a bit high because of the huge market in NY, had he been able to find consistent minutes in a borderline playoff team he may have developed his game to have an elite skill set that might have kept him in the league of vets.

He had the opportunity to play PG here (with loose expectations) until the trade for Harden pretty much forced him into the journey man path he was recently on.

I don't want to be one of those guys but let's be honest, it didn't help his under dog status when the media did countless stories on him being an Asian basketball player. I don't feel like he's wrong for voicing his current opinion, sure the league gave up on him but there are plenty of other players that are nearly out of the league too.

It was good while it last Jeremy, time to move onward towards the next chapter !

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think we're dunking on him because his whiny, tearful video makes it sound like he thinks there's some nefarious outside reason (race, maybe?) why GMs aren't blowing up his phone, rather than looking at his spotty play and his inability to shore up the weak parts of his game.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Must be taking those LeBron James lessons in soaking up every ounce of attention he can possibly muster.

Mazulis likes this.
  17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

stop complaining. go home, work on your game and improve. your either a wolf or a sheep and sheep dont last.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Ice cube might give him a call for the Big 3. It’s not over yet Jeremy!!

Mazulis and justtxyank like this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh jlin crying again. That's as normal as dantoni not calling a time out to save a lead lil