1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin scores 45 points in SF Pro Am

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by demarco1, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

This +1000. Bottom line cut Lin some slack. His faults are recognizable and he knows it. We trade him if we need too, but otherwise I really see no harm done in keeping an integral part of the core. When all cylinders are firing for this team, you really cant stop Lin, harden, Parsons. Think about that combo right now with one year of experience playing together. Think about the rest of the team. Seriously trade him if its right, but him staying is very good upside. The hate is unnecessary. But so is the LOF worshiping as well.

1 person likes this.
  2. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

When did Bev scored over 30pts in a game?

3. CertifiedTroll

SCOTT THE ANSWER MACHADO!

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I feel the same way.

5. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I just dropped 2000 points in RC Pro Am:

[​IMG]

6. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

He was a scoring machine throughout high school from what I remember hearing about. Had a ton of 40 point games their. Not saying much since it is high school but at the same time, this pro-am is being taken too far out of proportion also. After all, they aren't playing nba level intensity at these events. The defense is suspect at best, but it is whatever.

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I guess Harden wasn't playing huh?

8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Straight up, if Bev or Canaan had scored 45 in the SF Pro AM, people would have been talking about how great they were gonna be, and how much better than Lin they were, but since it was Lin who scored 45, they're talking about how I guess anyone can score 45 against these scrubs.

The funny thing is that the haters don't even know how much hate they have. They actually think THEY are the rational ones, lol. I don't wanna put all of them on the ignore list but it's sure tempting. I'm gonna straight up question the IQ of most of those haters. I'll bet that if I were to do a statistical comparison, the IQ of the average LOH is lower than the national average. Anyways, I hope all our boys come ready come tip-off. And I especially hope that Lin recognizes that he won't get any recognition from most of these haters unless he averages 20+ and thus puts more emphasis on scoring, just to help me enjoy the GARM better.

9. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I just ripped a gnarly one broham

10. Star

Star Member

Looks like some people are so salty here lol.

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

That Meeks guy said on the trade Lin thread that his sources told him one of the reasons the Rockets want to trade Lin is because Bev IS AWESOME...

And can score a 100 points a game
    Be the next American Idol
    Is an absolute beast in NBA 2K15
    And will be able to shut down Reggie Jackson next year!

So nah nah nah nah nah!

12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

This is based on what?? At least Lin actually has scored 38 pts on the spurs. Lolz.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And we lost the game.

14. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Why people feel the need to take anything, positive or negative, away from a summer pro am game is beyond me.

15. trock

trock Member

Actually, it's good to see news about players in the offseason. And it's good to see that our starting PG seems to be fully recovered and playing basketball pain free.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This is not news.

1 person likes this.
  17. trock

trock Member

Then why click into the thread? You must be looking for drama. As I said, it's good to see him moving well and playing pain free.

18. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Put it this way, if the team does get Dwight Howard...who would you rather pair him up with in the starting lineup? Beverly, who's good for a few threes per game, or this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xDOS90pEhhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

lol...he tried his best.

Curry scored 54 points against the Knicks and GSW lost.

Rondo is a triple-double machine and the Celtics won more games with him out.

Basketball, a team sport, requires team effort.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Why do so many Lin fans feel as if Jeremy gives two $#!T$ what fans on a message board or idiots on twitter think about him?

To be honest that's the only thing I dislike about our pursuit of Howard. He cares too much what people think.

Lin is a mentally strong dude and I guarantee he just laughs off the irrational love and hate he gets. He knows he isn't a scrub and he knows he isn't a superstar, just a young player finding his way. But by all means keep living vicariously through him and defending him like he is your only child, it certainly makes for some good laughs.

Also your IQ hypothesis was awesome. Let me know what you find out.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.