1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin, Red Carpet in Austin, TEXAS (UPDATED with pics/video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 1, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't Linsanity went late and the buzz for Spring Breakers was insane. I think it filled up a 1200 seat theater

2. Roxs-Redemption

Thanks tinman for the pictures/video. Really appreciate it.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

Lol.. Jeremy really cracks me up. 25mil nba player. Drives a dirty Volvo that he got for free as his sponsor. Drives to Austin with his buddies listening to church praise music. Glad he hasn't changed a bit.

4. Fighton

Fighton Member

LOL. Luong is a racist!

5. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Thanks for the pics and videos tinman. They're great. I love the shot of Jeremy sitting in the cheap seats. :) Thanks for posting them so quickly after your long, tiring day.

Cool that you got to ask a question too. At the risk of annoying you by adding another twitter post here, I'm thinking this might be about the response to your Q:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"It was hard to work during the whole 'Linsanity' thing. In a much better fit in Houston."- Jeremy Lin (@<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a>) <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Linsanity">#Linsanity</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23sxsw">#sxsw</a></p>&mdash; Good Morning Texas (@GoodMorningTX) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodMorningTX/status/310939999828844544">March 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>No one asked him why Coach McHale hates him? kidding, kidding, of course

Again, thanks for sharing your night with us. Too bad you didn't get to see Spring Breakers.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Not a problem.

I was exhausted anyways. Yes I remember that response. I'll post my review later . And yes I thought it was good.

Daryl Morey made an appearance in the movie. As well as Kevin Durant.

7. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

good question, Tinman! and good answer, that guy who plays for Rox :)

somehow, i thought u were old, but you sound very young, late 20s/early 30s? if early 20s, it's my MIKE ^__^

8. tinman

Supporting Member

were you there? yes i'm old, i'd rather be young.

#88 tinman, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Crap you can hear my dork voice at 540

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MomtEdHIYew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yeah, you know i had to mention Olajuwon

10. Caris

Caris Member

WOW. Thank you, Tinman!

11. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

At least it's a Volvo, not a Kia... LOL poor Griffin has to drive a Kia everywhere.:grin:

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Barkley drove a truck when he was with the Rockets. I think was a Ford or Chevy.

Rockets summary 02/27/1998 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston ...
    www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/.../rockets-summary.html
    FRI 02/27/1998 Houston Chronicle, Section Sports, Page 5, 3 STAR Edition ... Barkley was driving his leased truck down Richmond when it was slammed into by ..

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

A truck is ok, you have an excuse not to drive it all the time. If you make a commercial for Pepsi, you can't get caught drinking Coke in public. Alicia Key had to give up on her Iphone to use exclusively Blackberry.

14. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Lin's car is deceptively clean, if you don't look at the back window, you can't tell it's even dirty.:grin:

15. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Wow thanks Tinman, great Q & A video! Waiting to hear your impression of the movie.

16. Caris

Caris Member

hahaha... 'tis true... 'tis true... :grin:

17. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Thanks for the Q&A video, tinman. That was a good question. Interesting answer.

And you do sound young. :)

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Thanks for sharing Tinman. :)

19. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

haha great olajuwon mentioning tinman. thanks for the vid

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

What a religious nutcase, why does Lin have to mention playing for God every single time? We get it, you believe in that space daddy, but you've been pretty ****ty the past few games, how about start praying to God to improve your game?