1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin, Red Carpet in Austin, TEXAS (UPDATED with pics/video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Ditto !!

Hey Tinman, pls take as many pictures as you can, pixles are nothing, quantity is the king :grin:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got a film pass. I think it's in the convention center. They will have another screening later in the week. But I'm sure you're fine if you get there early

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Do you mean to ask Tinman to bootleg the whole film and post it on youtube, ??? You bad!!!:grin:

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I believe anyone could go see the red carpet, just getting in the movie would be hard for people who don't have badges or passes.

I really like my canon. here are a couple of my papparazi snaps (2 of nyc's finest)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Those pictures are great, tinman! Well done.

I'm expecting lots of good shots now. :) And maybe a little video of Jeremy saying hi to me, Carol in NYC. :grin:

6. tinman

Supporting Member

For those who want to see the 2nd screening (No lin appearance) you can buy tickets here if you are in Austin

https://tickets.austintheatre.org/public/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=647

7. AdamSweeney

AdamSweeney Member

covering Linsanity

I'll be covering the event as part of our magazine's SXSW coverage. We'll post a video here if that's ok with the mods.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

you going to film the Q&A too? that would be cool

9. AdamSweeney

AdamSweeney Member

Yeah, we will be there. They said Jeremy may not be doing individual interviews due to his injury but we should be able to get some good footage, and we're going to review the film as well. I bleed Rockets red so it was a must see on our SXSW list.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

It's probably like Hoop Dreams except that Jeremy's Dad isn't buying crack on the streets like Arthur Agee's dad.

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Very cool. My brother and some of his friends are going.

12. CarolNYC

Hey tinman! (and whoever else is going).....pre-show swag! Get some! :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For those of you at SXSW we will giving away some swag before the show! Stay tuned for where and when!</p>&mdash; LinsanityMovie (@LinsanityMovie) <a href="https://twitter.com/LinsanityMovie/status/310814108482162689">March 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. tinman

Supporting Member

i don't use twitter

14. CarolNYC

Well, just keep an eye out for them...I'll update here if I see anything else about it.

And have a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. VanityHalfBlack

Why is the 2nd screening so early? 11:30 in the morning, DAMN!!! I won't get there on time.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

that's next week. the premiere is today at 745

17. VanityHalfBlack

Still at work unfortunately.:( This daylight savings bullsh!t sux!!!

18. CarolNYC

Can you, like, get sick and have to leave or something? ;)

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Speaking of Linsanity the movie....

Following Sundance and opening-night duty at CAAMfest, "Linsanity" has sold to Fortissimo Films, a leading global distributor, and is being represented for domestic release by CAA in Los Angeles.

"I can relate directly to it," Leong said, reflecting on that month of Linsanity. "The last 12 years, I've been struggling, I've been poor. I didn't get paid nothing - and now I get this. All of that was for this moment."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/Linsanity-lets-director-score-4337189.php#ixzz2NAkYSXIT

:)

20. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Wait, what? HK gets to see the film before NYC where it all started? I can understand Sundance, where all the red carpet Marquee guys are. I can understand CAAMFest which is Jeremy's hometown Bay Area. I can even understand SXSW where the Rockets are. But this is incredibly unfair, that guys OVERSEAS in HK get to see it before NYC where the magic happened!

As per article in Hollywood's industry newspaper Variety, http://variety.com/2013/film/news/fortissimo-takes-int-l-on-linsanity-1118065904/