1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin, Red Carpet in Austin, TEXAS (UPDATED with pics/video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Thanks, Tinman, you basically covered every aspect in an organized and reader-friendly manner. I enjoyed your perspectives, fabulous!

Well, I got one question for you - Did Lin seem to have the 'clutch gene'?

I borrowed this term from one of your posts, I liked it and defined it as being solid. Did Lin seem to be a solid person/player? I understand there was only one Q and one A between you two, but being such an acute observer, you must have some impression already. I'm really curious what's on your mind. tks.

2. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review!

:)

Very insightful and it actually makes me want to see it if it's ever shown in my area

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if I mentioned the Clutch gene, I thought it was the Clutch City gene, which means Clutch City (the glorious Rockets championships) are in you.

Clutchness is consistency in the 4th. He has to build a bigger resume to say I'd let him shoot the game winner ever time.

one of the greatest examples is pure Clutchness is Sam Cassell, who as a Rookie was big in the 4th quarter of game 3 of the 1994 NBA Finals, he just drills a 3 pointer at the end like it was a game of horse.

I don't know Lin personally, but from the interviews, movie, and general observation, I don't he'll turn out like Dennis Rodman.

Take away all the basketball stuff, I think he's just a regular guy like the rest of us here. He eats burgers, talks about Kobe vs LeBron and hates doing laundry and goes to Target. He's not an attention craving person.

What's on my mind? Depeche Mode songs

4. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Thanks Tinman, yes, you are right, it's the City, and I love that city gene as well:p

Actually what I've looked for in my question for you is a confirmation that Lin is solid enough to judge himself based on his own values and will continue to play in a way he considers to be appropriate. But you answer is good enough for me!

btw, it's fun to follow a thread and have all those interesting exchanges, but it really consumes time and I can barely catch up with it every day. So, Tinman, thank you, and I'll definitely check your posts every time I log on, hopefully I don't miss much in between :) and don't forget me:grin:

5. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member