1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin on Coach McHale...and the rest of the staff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Dont let the nay sayers discourage you. Its nice to have positive threads amogst all the negative knee jerk threads. Lin is always classy, and i too am an anomaly who likes both Lin and Coach. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I wonder if JLin has seen that Fung Brothers music video of him.

4. Code Red

Code Red Member

Agreed
    Yep, it's pretty much self-explanatory to bring up the coaching staff. I mean you can't run a team without them, so of course it makes sense for him to bring them up.

5. lwlee

lwlee Member

Don't back down. Dumbasses tried to twist Jeremy's actions and words back in NYC too. The man has from DAY ONE preached positive thoughts and actions. As is befitting someone who has said he wanted to go into the clergy if he wasn't a pro player.

Yet I've seen a ton of slander against him. The BS about the 85% thing and how he wouldn't play. The other BS about how he manipulated the Knicks when THEY were the ones that told him to get an offer from the open market.

IMHO, Jeremy is really just an innocent, to the point of being a noob. He did the best that he could in the spotlight. And he's learning as he goes along.

1 person likes this.
  6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm gratefull that there are so many <strike>creepy</strike> mindreader fans that can tell me what Jeremy is really thinking. What a blessing.

2 people like this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin is a McOF.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

So let me get this straight.

Positive comments from Lin on McHale are a result of Lin just being classy, faking it for the media, or some other ridiculous BS because people couldn't possibly grasp Lin having a high opinion of McHale.

Negative comments would of course be met with praise of Lin's honesty, and of course he's just being classy, maybe even doing what's right for the team. :rolleyes:

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

OP is a needle in a haystack among LOFs :(

Repped for trying.

10. rocketblood713

wait a minute so you mean Mchale isnt racist or out to get Lin cant wait till somone makes a 40 min video about it on youtube ..lol

11. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Kid's got that good media training. ;)

12. Arthurprescott2

From same article in OP:

2nd (3rd?) time in the last few weeks that a player has said that line about keeping the team together as it is now. I guess the players talk about it a lot and are wary of being traded.

13. Postcall

Postcall Member

I have never heard Tebow say a negative thing about the Jets either.

14. jocar

jocar Member

Good thread, Carol. Don't let these eternally cynical douchebags tell you what you should believe -or try to sound like they know what anyone else is thinking. It takes an exceptionally jaded person to see past all the (good) evidence in the Mchale/Lin relationship to come to the conclusion that one dislikes the other. Either that, or the person saying so thinks he's soooooo alike Jeremy that they must think alike, too. "There's no way Jeremy likes Mchale if I don't!"- lol. When their resemblance is more like some arrogant teeny bopper 90lb twig-bone in a wife beater, trucker hat, and gas station bought sunglasses strutting through the mall (pretending he ain't there with his mom), overdoing his impersonation of Justin Bieber- and thinking everyone loves him for it.

1 person likes this.
  15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

But...but...McFail Sucks! Sampson Sucks too!

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lin fans should follow in the footsteps of their role model.

Even Lin can see the genius that is McHallOfFame.

17. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Interesting interview.

Especially about the part where Jeremy was talking about how the team split into two groups to hangout.

He seemed a little uncomfortable and didn't want to talk about it. Seconds later, he wanted to end the interview, which was something I don't typically see.

18. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin is one of the verifiably nicest guys in the league. If he did say something negative about someone (which is highly unlikely), it would be for a good reason.

19. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Seems to me Lin is preaching the coaches in public to give him more freedom, in the form of praizing them. He is putting pressure on McHale in a subtle way.

I normally don't like this type of politics but I think he is a winner and a leader, only if his plays can continue to improve to make his team mates embrace him more.

20. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Lin is very tough, mentally.

If he had Harden's talent, he would be the undisputable leader of this team, just like Kobe. He could even have a say on everything in the Rockets organization.

From a winning point, he is a great asset for the Rockets. At minimum, he will be a Derek Fisher type guy in a contending team.