1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin makes a GREAT 6th man, now we need to trade Asik.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Nov 11, 2013.

1. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Give the team time to gel, this isn't fantasy basketball, trades don't magically fix all your problems.

2. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

VC has not thought it through. He just recognizes famous players -- the logic of whether someone fits or not is not in his consideration. If Shaq were still playing, he would want to trade half the team for Shaq to play with Dwight. Hey, he could even give Dwight free throw lessons -- he did shoot a higher percentage.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Who says this team needs big numbers from the PG spot? If Harden can get set up on easier looks and has someone to check him away from the horrible ISO game of his then it would be a win.

4. torocan

torocan Member

That's assuming Harden was willing, which is a big IF.

Assuming that Harden will suddenly stop dribbling iso's just because Rondo signs is a big assumption. And an extraordinary gamble given Rondo's locker room reputation as a disruptive force.

5. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

How would he be able to distribute without the ball? Rondo is a terrible fit with Harden.

6. yummyhawtsauce

Deserve what? lol. I would be upset too if I was not getting much playing time. Can't blame the guy. But there isn't much need for him. He should come off the bench tbh. I feel bad for him

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, this post is assuming too much. The twins towers thing will continue to depend on the match up. Last night Asik and Dwight on the floor was not creating good match ups because the Raptors lack size. Also I think that Beverly's production has been hurt by starting. Beverly's best asset is his energy. He can sustain it for 20 minutes a game, but I don't see him playing that same hawking defense when he is getting 30. Lin looked like he should be the starter last night.

Last night's game is not conclusive proof of anything to base any long term decisions on.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

His advanced metrics dont look that bad to me. This team could use a veteran who would hold everyone accountable, I like Rondos fire and tenacity, and Harden needs someone ti bring him down to earth at times.

I agree, Harden would have to buy in, but when you get X amount of easy buckets it wouldnt take long. Team first attitude vs me first.

9. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

[​IMG]

10. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/gasol-asik-and-turner-among-those-who-could-be-moved.html

11. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Wow, at this point Parsons is pretty much the NBA's version of slave labor.

12. Vestax

Vestax Member

Isn't it still early in the season?

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

lin and asik will make a great combo for the 2nd unit. asik stays.

14. mikus

mikus Member

If Lin keeps this up, he'll be like the 2011-2012 Harden.
    Harden's stats that year:
    16.8 PPG 4.1 Reb 3.7 Ast

And he won 6th man of the year and played a big role in the playoffs. This would be a great goal for Lin to strive for this year.

15. Lihao

Lihao Member

Totally right ,can you imagine Harden playing JJ Redick kinda offense? running around looking for open shots? lol it's not gonna happen

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And it's eight games in. 74 to go.

He could keep it up, but just like with Casspi and Garcia, it's likely his % will drop as the season continues. So, it's way to early to declare him a GREAT sixthman for the year.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

As long as he keeps up his numbers from post asb those percentages were nothing like they are now but still excellent numbers, then it is fair to say now that he will be a great 6th man of the year. That is a 50 game sample and I think it is very hard to dismiss a 50+ game sample as a fluke or hot streak (not saying you are doing that).

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But he started last season. He's clearly made improvements to his game, i dont think he's going to regress to what he was a year ago, but starting and being a back up are two different scenarios that not every player can just seamlessly switch back and forth from. Some guys do well in one role and not the other.

I just don't like the idea that the OP declares the Lin situation done with and thinks we should now move on to Asik. If anything, Lin is making it harder to keep him benched, so the pg debate is far from over. It may not be settled until much later in the year.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think that the PG debate is pretty much over. I have a tough time envisioning McHale putting Lin back in the starting line up unless Bev gets hurt regardless of how Bev plays. Even if bev produces nothing Bev will likely still start McHale will just play Lin a ton of minutes that night. Remember when Bev was hurt Lin was balling and McHale still put bev as the starter. I do see some validity in your statement though that Lin situation isn't entirely "done yet"

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I knew someone would start I told you so game after one dynamic performance. He could have put up these same production as a starter. Better yet lol he did, against the Spurs and Thunder.

Dude should still be starting IMO.