1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin leaving Nike for Adidas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Jan 3, 2014.

1. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I hope he's not an ACL tear away from the likes of Rose.

2. rokit

rokit Member

[​IMG]

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I would think that in the long run Nike would brand Lin better, make him more money. He'll be less marketable as each year goes by now that's his run is over in NY. And I would think Nike could keep his brand in the public eye and keep it marketable in a way that Adidas cannot do.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm sure it's due to more money, so that's a good thing. Make dem bills, Lin.

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

BREAKING: Adidas signs Jeremy to back up Beverley.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

First Kanye, now Lin. ADIDAS IS TAKING OVER

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Adidas shoes are just inferior to Nike. But they are known to pay athletes more for endorsements. Marketability is what sells shoes nowadays, not so much the quality.

I buy New Balance whenever I can, the ones that are made in the USA.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Surprised he didn't get scooped up by a Chinese company. With that emerging middle-class, they'd make a killing.

9. rokit

rokit Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nike acknowledges Jeremy Lin is no longer w/brand. <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes">@ChrisBHaynes</a> reports Lin has signed with Adidas</p>&mdash; darren rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/statuses/419206850828308480">January 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Amazing to think how far Jeremy Lin has fallen as a marketing icon. Fall not as steep in Asian markets.</p>&mdash; darren rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/statuses/419208613677518848">January 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

He reportedly turned down a monster offer from Li Ning, who even came to meet Jeremy at a game.

11. SevenMinuteAbs

Yeah I figured something like that would've happened too.

Not to surprised that Nike doesn't try too hard to keep these guys. They got lebron Kd and Kobe. Theyre set with just those guys.

12. rokit

rokit Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/scottie_k">@scottie_k</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/THESTREETONE">@THESTREETONE</a> disagree. No player has upside. Took Lebron 10 years to make $$ for Nike. KD still hasn't. Rose never will</p>&mdash; Matt Powell (@mattSOS) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattSOS/statuses/419211941559554048">January 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

13. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

So does it mean Jeremy can't wear those cute Jordan Brand tees anymore? I hope he'll auction them off with the proceeds going to his foundation :).

14. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

OMG Lin, what are you doing? Another TO! *SMH*

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan have managed an ok career with Adidas.

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Bad idea... I would stick with Nike or Spalding or AND1 in terms of accountability.
    Reebok and Adidas are more prone to injuries, through utter obviousness as you all know.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Adidas is most likely desperate. Their biggest star is Rose and he is always hurt. No one really likes Dwight anymore after that LA stint.

Nike has LeBron, Durant, Kobe. Not to mention the Jordan brand has CP3, Carmelo, Westbrook.

Adidas has...who? Even with Rose they are severely overmatched.

Nike doesn't even need Lin because with Kobe they have the Chinese market already.

18. dragician

dragician Member

good, that will definitely cut his turnovers..:rolleyes:

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It'll be the Crazy Light 2 Low. I'm surprised it's not one of the recent shoe like Crazy Light 3, Crazyquick.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Lillard is really committed to Adidas, but I don't know if they signed him or not.