1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is the best backup point guard in the NBA - with poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 9, 2014.

?

Best backup point guard in the NBA?

Poll closed Apr 8, 2014.
  1. Jeremy Lin

51.5%
  2. Reggie Jackson

33.5%
  3. Darren Collison

5.6%
  4. Jarrett Jack

4.5%
  5. Devin Harris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

4.9%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Definitely not the best PG off the bench. Reggie Jackson is the clear best. Then there is Mo Williams, DJ Augustin and Kirk Heinrich for that matter (since they'll be back-ups once Rose is back)

Perhaps top 5

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

lol... i think that ship has sailed long before last night's game, man.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Jamal Crawford and Mr. October are probably better players, but Lin's style is a better fit for this squad.

4. downbytheriver

Nice name!!

What you envision yourself being isn't important. I don't think he envisioned himself being ona roster few years back! Monta Ellis envisioned himself doing it all but his team did best as a secondary scorer role in Dallas! You have to take what role you get and put everything into making it work. NBA has countless tales of guys who put up decent numbers on crappy teams and out of the league or buried deep on a bench few years later. There are guys in the nbdl, europe, etc. who can do that. Key is making it work with what you're given!

So let's wait for some consistency then enter the discussion.

Right now I can think of 4-5 other guys and they produce in big moments

Jamal Crawford
    Markieff Morris
    Reggie Jackson

SG (probably belongs in this category) -

Nick Young - based on numbers, but any scorer can put up numbers on that team
    Tyreke Evans
    Manu ginobili

5. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

I would vote for markieff as of today. The Morris twins are fun to watch.
    You mean the Honeybadger without a "d"? Lol

6. quatin

quatin Member

Jamal Crawford is better than most starting PGs, much less back up PGs.
    I don't think the competition is even close.

The real poll he belongs is is Crawford vs Holiday/D Will/Knight.

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

WOW! This thread really shook you up. Take it easy it is only people's opinion.

8. chatterjb

chatterjb Member

I love the bipolar nature of this forum :grin:

I think JLin is really, really good. It was clear to me watching him play the last 2 games that his back was very likely bothering him and probably had a lot to do with the sudden regression post-all star break until this week.

Having said that, is he the best backup PG in the league? I'll reserve judgement until atleast a series into the playoffs.

9. jayland

jayland Member

Lin isn't really that much better than Patty Mills. Lin is a better playmaker and better at attacking the rim but Mills is a better shooter and defender.