1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is our Bobby Sura

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Nov 15, 2012.

1. langal

langal Contributing Member

Asian = soft ?

2. MKL

MKL Member

I don't care what you all say, but Sura is a good looking guy. nohom0.

3. jose

jose Member

No. Yao Ming was one of the toughest players to ever grace the Rockets organization. Played through immense pain in his legs/knees/ankles/feet for his team to win.

I question Lin's toughness considering he bailed on his team last playoffs because he was "only 85%" and they were playing the Heat so he just assumed they had no chance. Then he goes and defends himself after people called him out for it. He was better off just lying and saying his knee wasn't close to healing, so I guess I'll give him points for honesty.

I just think Lin is gonna be one of those types that will play horrible in the playoffs cause he can't handle the pressure and will play scared. I obviously can't be proven right, but can't be proven wrong either until it happens.

That's IF it does, that is, because this is the western conference after all.

4. langal

Bobby Sura was a gritty competitor who played a great role here.

Let's not pretend he was more than that. Some of you really have to put things in perspective.

He shot around 35% and averaged 10/5/5 in 30+ minutes a game.

Calling him some sort of great floor general with a dead-eye 3 pointer is stretching things.

I would compare him moreso to Shane Battier as great "glue" guys rather than Lin.

5. langal

I hope we'll be able to see how the whole team does in the playoffs.

The "old school" fans here who think they're great fans because they know the size of Robert Reid's junk are annoying. I suppose new fans like me are annoying too.

The team should not revolve around Lin but I but benching him for someone like Toney Douglas goes beyond stupidity. I suppose Kelvin would be the type to start Tim Tebow.

6. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Undercover SAS.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He couldn't touch the net. Can't believe people still talking about that.

8. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Are you sure? Shoots more like Rafer Alston!

9. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Wow! Just wow! Did you just say that all based on what you heard from SAS?
    If so, I can't blame you. The clown is just an ultimate Lin hater.
    If not, you must not have seen Lin's game last season or only checked those highlights.

Jeremy Lin might seem nice, but his game is nowhere near anything called soft. After all he's been through to get where he is now, his mental toughness is absolutely off the charts.

Don't judge someone by how he looks.