1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is our Bobby Sura

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I liked Sura he was a tough hard nosed point guard and yes when he was here he did play better than Lin is right now. That being said I see a lot more upside for Lin than I did for Sura.
    Everybody keeps jumping Lins *ss because he isn't playing that well yet. From watching him it is apparent to most that he is having big confidence issues right now. Once he get past that and learns to play with his new teammates I would think you would see great improvement in his game. He is smart, he can pass the ball well, he rebounds well, he steals balls well and he defense is ok, I thought it was going to be horrible but that's not the case. He can get to basket with ease. I think when his confidence improves he will convert on a high percentage of those drives and that confidence we also help his jump shot.

1 person likes this.
  2. dchoye

dchoye Member

I like to Sura and Lin play heads up poker

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

would jeremy lin tackle josh howard though?

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Sura played good for a while, but that stretch can't compare with linsanity last year.

The only thing can hold lin back is injury, and I don't have confidence in Rocket's training/medical staff.

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Hell no.

Bobby Sura would knock down big three, fight your best player, and then bang your girl. He's the man.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dei

Dei Member

Incredible the impression Bobby Sura made here on half a season. It's like he's the Rockets' equivalent of Chuck Norris.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He lives off of Allen Parkway...and he's involved in a few businesses in the Houston area...and he's involved with many women around town as well. Too hard to leave. :grin:

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The memory of Sura as a shooter is better than reality.

Sura was a career .414 shooter from the field and a .325 shooter from 3.

Lin is worse than that obviously this year, but his career .424 from the field and .303 from 3.

Now his one year here he shot .427 from the field and .355 from 3, but those were much better than his career norms. Obviously if Lin continues to be the junky shooter he has been this year he's much worse, but I don't believe Lin will shoot .35% from the field this year.

1 person likes this.
  9. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Yeah, I saw him at 5th amendment last year. Women love him...

10. Dlawson

Dlawson Member

Bob Sura= True Pudman
    Bro gets it wet on and off the court

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Bobby Sura might be Jeremy Lin's father. Has there ever been a paternity test?

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No...He would round-house kick him in the back of the head!

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Men love him too.

What is not to love about BOBBY "100% MAN" SURA?

1 person likes this.
  14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

When Bob Sura was 24, he was averaging 6 points on 38% shooting and 4 assists off the bench for cleveland.

17. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

my buddy used to run a poker spot off 1960, bobby was always in there.. i still remember that 05 playoff series bobby was/is a g..

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WXtafK-u9iA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow Sura was a high flyer back then and finished with authority

19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

QFT Bob Sura in his short stint here became one of my ALL-TIME favorite Rockets.

Also that Rockets team was my 3rd favorite behind the two championship squads

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Lin has struggled on offense, but I agree that Lin and Sura are similar. Sura was a good solid player that contributed in a variety of ways. I think that Lin could possibly become a more accomplished offensive player than Sura. I liked Sura a lot and I like what Lin may become. Sura had Yao, McGrady, Mike James, and Jim Jackson on that team. I hope the Rockets can keep adding quality pieces to this team. Sura wasn't the main focal point to that Rocket Team. Should Lin be the main focal point of this team?