1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I did not admit Lin is a bad player. I admitted Lin is not worth his contract.
    I said that the moment he ****ing got signed. Lin is not worth $25 million dollars. Your knee-jerking is making you look like a jackass and obviously has tainted your ability to read.

2. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

F U ALL. I'm a Lin fan. He played fine. Nice steals. Great dish to Parsons for the jam. Great D on Lebron. Nice tie ups. Rockets have not been blown out yet. Can't say the same for the Suns and Raptors.

3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

LeBron is the best player in the league with weak mental game. Of course he deserves the max. George Hill is better than Lin and it would take him 19 years to make what Lin is making in 3. You're comparison doesn't match up.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

He wasn't cut. He was a free agent, the Rockets offered him a big deal, and Knicks couldn't match. Thats very different from being cut.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Not true, at least get your facts right.

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

+1 Reminds me of when Kobe shot four airballs against the Jazz in his first playoffs.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He was pretty average, really. Played with great heart. But then so does Toney Douglas

8. RedRedemption

Have you ever seen someone give up on a player after four games? Seriously? People need to stop knee-jerking and let's get a sample size before we pick these players apart.

This cycle happens with every player the Rockets get.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'll say it again, even when Lin isn't facilitating or shooting well (which is way too often), he's contributing in other ways. He's a turnover causing machine with his busy hands. Tonight he even blocked some shots. I'm not defending his offense, he looks freaking terrible out there, but his versatility on both sides of the ball keeps him from being a liability on the floor. He's probably the most disappointing player in the first 7 games though.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dei

Dei Member

Then why're you giving Tony Douglas as the alternative? Huh!?

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

clearly, i still think lowry and dragic are better than lin, believe it or not............but only right now, let's see if lin can work hard enough to make himself worth his contract, that's what I want to see, to see these kids work hard and get better

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Get a grip, let me translate it for you since you don't seem to understand English.

What he meant, clearly, is that airballing a 3pt happens, even to some of the best players. Move on and get a life.

13. J-Red

J-Red Member

The ability to keep this thread going for 6 plus pages is a joke. Stop over-reacting. Spacing is still bad, coaching is even worse. no team can win with McHale as the coach. Hell, he'd probably screw up Miami if he was there. Send the former Celtic packing and move on.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Here we go with the negative thread after EVERY loss. If it's not the coach not playing certain players, it's a player not making the right play. It just never ends with you guys. I guess we are supposed to win EVERY game if coach had played this or that player instead of who he played. If the player made the shot. Always something.

We are rebuilding people. We have a young team. They will win some, but they will lose more than they win. They will lose leads late because they dont have the talent to close and dont know how to yet. Have some patience and stop starting a bashing thread after every loss. Just hope they are competitive in most games.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Jeremy Lin will think the airball is part of God's plan. No it's cause you choked buddy.

16. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

So today we officially dub him Eremy Lin. He may never see that J in front of his name again. The J sleeps with the fishes.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Was Dragic even mentioned in this thread? you numb skull

Since you wanna talk about Dragic so much, here is Dragic not airballing a game winning three

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wRmTNcKmqgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and Here Lee being more clutch than Lin and Harden combined

http://youtu.be/DM-sVBDNxe8?t=3m7s

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

pretty sure the rockets cut him. i could be wrong.

19. RedRedemption

I still think Lin is an underrated defender.
    He's weak as hell but he draws charges, gets his hands on balls, and picks up the casual steal here and then.
    That being said people are focusing too much on one play. Same with Harden.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The problem really isn't J Lin. Or the airball.

Its the fact that people had crazy expectations, I've never been too big a fan or too big a critic and don't fault him for tonight.

Mostly because he was overpaid and fans overhyped the **** out of him.