1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. rocketsmetalspd

Having Beverley back is great for Lin. Beverley knows how to bring out the best in Lin and Beverley encourages Lin to bring out the swagger that he has but is reluctant to show.

2. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

I love the sibship between bev and lin

3. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

This "Lin vs. Beverley" stuff is kind of pointless.... The two players feed off each other.... And in the long run are better off because of each other.

Lin's problem isn't Beverley, Harden, or any other player..... Lin's problem is he's not bold enough to deviate from the "layups and threes" protocol of this offense. I think he'll be fine if he were to play again in a normal offense. But his lack of boldness to play "his way" on occasion in the current system has really killed his perceived value. So much so, I think he's now overly bashed like he was once overly hyped.

4. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Lin may not play much in the playoffs if Bev stays healthy. Too much of a liability unless we're having problems scoring and we go with him and bev together.

5. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Excellent opinion +I'm just trying to bump this "Jeremy Lin is a joke thread" to keep it up there throughout the playoffs cause I'm rooting for him to screw up.

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

Not surprised. He started posting about LOFs everywhere, even the D&D.

7. Rox7

Rox7 Member

I laughed when Lin is a joke.
    I laughed more when I see your posts.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's not the issue, Asik usually defends with his body, as in he forces you out of position. But this doesn't work that well in the high post with LMA because LMA is quicker and can drive by him. Dwight is just quicker in that he can defend the drive and contest the jumper, where as Asik usually doesn't get a hand up.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Show me an picture that indicates 6-9? Dude is taller than Parsons, Casspi, and every other opposing guy listed at 6-9. He's a legit 6-11 and some with his sneaks. Asik might be closer to 7-2 however.

10. Throttle

Throttle Member

jlin gona f' it up versus blazers, but hes gona bring it if they get to 2nd rd versus Clips IMO

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What makes you say that?

12. Throttle

Throttle Member

blazers D gona whoop some a$$ so its tough for a offensive player like him... plus 2nd yr playoff jitters IMO...

hey dont take wat i say literally this is just a forum :)

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

But the Blazers have a crappy defense, so I don't know why he would struggle against them but not in the second round - which would be against Memphis/Dallas or SAS, not the Clippers..

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

While I would prefer this since we need as much help as wet can get against LAC, Lin has played well in the past against Portland yet rarely if ever has played well against the clippers

15. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

JLin has had some of his better games this season against Portland. Even last season he faked Lillard out of his shoes.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

1. Lillard is a subpar defender.
    2. The Clips are not in our bracket for Round 2. :confused:

17. yummyhawtsauce

Jlin gonna have a very good playoff run, u read it here first

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Hope JLin has a Linsanity moment in one game and Rockets beat Portland somewhat comfortably within 6 games. Would hate to play Spurs after a grueling 7 game series if/when they sweep Memphis.

But I'll take an average to solid performance by Lin, as long as Rockets win the series in 5 or 6 games. He just has to do his part well. Doesn't need to be a hero. Just get them W's!!

19. mesta

mesta Member

I remember that one play you are referring to. My rebuttal is
    1.Asik is not a slow poke, he has good lateral speed. In one play in which LMA drove by him, asik was torn between protecting the rim and closing out on LMA. With howard protecting the paint, asik will have no dilemma.
    2.Track record wise, has better experience in guarding pf. Remember the chicago game where Boozer was abusing jones? Mchale put howard on him to no avail, but as soon as asik was on him, boozer dissappeared.
    There is also one game against minny in which klove played center in a small ball lineup. Asik succesfully contained love.
    Last thing, Rockets sole win against clipper in the last two seasons, came when asik was put on blake griffin.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Haters on this post all have man boobs that could feed a pigmy village:

[​IMG]

I suggest you switch out from Respirdal to something else to help treat your delusional hate.