1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

LBJ got bashed up and down east and west, and made fun of for like a whole week from that game, so what? He's Lebron, he can make 10 air balls and the league still believes in him becuase he's Lebron. Lin is not Lebron, he can't afford to make air balls.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I dont get the point of posting other videos of people air baling? Does it make it okay to air ball if someone like Lebron does it? If Lebron air balled a potential game winning three or if it was Harden, fans would be all over him. This is a typical post game reaction you get from some fans.

Lin will bounce back, it's not the end of the world. You don't have to post every air ball video to make yourself feel better or post that Jordan quote over and over. It's going to be okay.

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

I have to admit that airball was painful, but that wasn't the reason the Rockets lost. It wasn't even the last shot in the game. What about the missed rebound and Harden's iso plays? Lin is getting way too much hate.

4. conquistador#11

i just think it's a bad idea to have Lin be a spot up shooter when that has never been his specialty. It would be like asking tebow to execute the run and shoot offense. You have to let lin play the point. If the staff wants hero ball, do it when lin is on the bench.

This staff has to get away from the beard circle jerk and go back to what has worked. everyone will be better off for it including the beard.

5. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Why is the thread not locked yet?

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The airball was hard to swallow, but this is a young team. Eventually, if they grow and play together these type of losses will eventually turn into wins. Kobe was 0-15 once, so does 1 airball makes his 15 shots missed better? If the same situation rises again, I'd let Lin take it again. Either he goes back to oblivion, or become stronger, I believe the latter. We do not look like an expansion team, we played the Heat not the Bobcats. If Lin continues his inconsistency, we should dog on him, but it is too early to dump on him.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm not ready to give up on Lin after 7 games.

8. torocan

torocan Member

I have no idea why people think Jeremy Lin has been a poor ball handler this season. His ball handling has actually improved substantially.

Not only has he cut his TO's per game from 3.6 to 2.6, but more importantly his TOR (Turnover rate per 100 possessions) has dropped from 21.37 to 12.22, a cut in turnovers per possession of 43%. This is actually in line with what we saw last season, in that as the 2011/12 season progressed, he steadily increased his ball handling as well as his ability to go left (which you see is MUCH improved this year).

In last night's game he had a total of 2 TO's.

The sample size is small so far (7 games), but all evidence points towards continued improved ball handling this season.

Of the point guards playing 15+ minutes per game, here are the PG's with HIGHER Turnover rates than Lin this season.

Pablo Prigioni
    Jrue Holiday
    Beno udrih
    Norris Cole
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Isaiah Thomas
    Deron Williams
    C.J Watson
    Nate Robinson
    Brandon Knight
    Devin Harris
    Will Bynum
    Mike Conley Jr.
    Luke Ridnour
    Andre Miller
    Jeff Teague
    Darius Morris
    Kyrie Irving
    Steve Blake
    Steve Nash
    Eric Bledsoe
    Raymond Felton

So yah, knock his spot up shooting or his reduced aggression/driving or his low scoring numbers,but passing, TO's and ball handling are not an issue for him at the moment.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

To piggyback on Y2's comment made... yes, Goran's contract has a player option on the final year.

When you look contracts that are moveable in trade the main thing the GM trading for that player wants to know is, Can I move this deal in the next 24 months?

Goran's contract has 2 or 3 more years of high risk. Jeremy's contract has 1 to 1.5 years of high risk. Risk could be injury or decline of player performance. Add in Jeremy's off the court appeal, and you increase the value on the trade market dramatically after this season.

Im not saying that Morey is planning on trading Jeremy Lin anytime soon, but if he needs to, he should be able to easily move him after this season, and at the latest February trade deadline of 2014 is when you should be able to unload his contract fairly easily.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He's probably turning over the ball less because he's not aggressive anymore. After he reaches half court, he looks to get rid of the ball quick. His handles seems pretty shaky to me still.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

It's canned criticism from last year IMO. His handle looks fine to me, I think he's averaging less than 3 TOs actually. That hasn't really been the issue this year. Anyone who complains about his handle or TOs this year really has not watched the games at all.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The GARM is a joke!!!!

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Where do you get all your data from? Data may not be perfect, but it is much better than individual people's eye-test. Thanks!

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

The problem is the guy has rabid supporters, who attacked anyone who didn't think Lin was the second coming. Some of the stuff posted about how great he was was just ludicrous. The guy missed a shot (shot an "airball"), for those of who've never played that's basketball. He missed. It happens! Lin needs to be more aggressive going to the basket and keep shooting with confidence. Most of all he doesn't need to listen how great he was during "Linsanity":rolleyes: or how bad he's struggling now because none of it is going to help him. Jeremy needs to keep "chopping wood" in the gym and fix that shot. The range of opinions on this board is the very reason that player should NEVER listen to outside noise.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I actually think the opposite, I have watched all of the games (some twice), and commented on Jeremy's turnovers, and shaky decision making before I really reviewed his stats. On review of his statistical turnover rate, he's really not "that bad" on paper.

16. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

you guys know that no one is going to make every single shot in a game right, idc if you're kobe, mj,ect. That being said that was pretty bad attempt i think he was suprised he was wide open give jeremy a break. You guys say he's a scrub..a scrub who's in the NBA making millions of dollars while you are a scrub not making million of dollars lol

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fixed.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Advice for you since you're new. Rockets fans tend to view Lin in comparison to Lowry and Dragic, since those were our two starting PGs the past 1.5 seasons. Both Lowry and Dragic had been able to be aggressive on offense without suffering from abnormally high TO rate. In fact, if you compare those 3 this season, you'll see that Lin has the highest TO rate despite lowest usage rate among the 3. And at this point in their careers, Dragic and Lowry are simply better players than Lin.

So while there does seem to be some misleading hate towards Lin by the natives, part of that does come from having to downgrade from Lowry/Dragic.

19. daytripper

daytripper Member

Lin might have the friendlier contract but I've been dying a little inside every time I watch a Phoenix Sun game. Goran should still be a Rocket. Yes it's been a small sample but I really don't want to watch Dragic play for another team while the Rockets are stuck with an inferior player in Lin.

20. JK1

JK1 Member

I'm sorry, but you need to STFU. Just read the posts, and roll with it, don't take it so personal, my goodness. This is the same **** I heard in the Knicks forum, Jeremy deserves better fans !?! You cannot be serious? Listen man, I can tell you are emotionally invested in Jeremy doing well in the NBA. But trust me - your response to the haters will only make them hate you even more. And it would be a pity, if some of the people who are just venting, eventually start to hate Jeremy cuz his fans are so annoying.