1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

LOFs and HOFs and fans who keep bringing up dragic and lowry.....wow what has this forum become?

2. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I'm a Lin fan/former Knicks fan, but I'm starting to wish he would drop out of the league. It's like impossible to concentrate on basketball with all this fan bs.

The Knicks didn't want the drama with Lin vs. Melo. Who knew there would be Lin vs. everyone on the Rockets.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Fixed. He is in the bottom 5 of all starting PGs in the league just by skimming it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg

Lin showed he is still capable of playing well in that one game where he made that floater of his a couple of times. I think it was the same game where he scored 20 and dished 10 assists. Over the season, his only bright spots (steals and passing) are part of his flaws. He gambles too much and gets burned for it. While his assist numbers are decent for a new PG, his passing game hasn't been. If you've watched the games then you know what I mean.

4. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

sucks he missed those shots by a mile but i'm more excited about the comeback we made. just keep moving forward fellas...take that energy to the end of the game.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Unfortunately I can't watch the game. I'm a big Lin fan, but am concerned about what I'm seeing in box scores and what I'm hearing on the radio.

The guys on 790 this morning were saying his ball-handling skills looked shaky. Is that fair criticism?

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Wow!!!.....there are Rocket fans on this board....:)

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Yes. He looked like he's pressing too much!
    don't know if he was star struck or feeling the
    pressure of being one of the go to guys.

8. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
    I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times,
    I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
    I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
    - Michael Jordan

9. seahawk

seahawk Member

This. The road to victory is tough.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My concern isn't over him missing one shot. And I love me some Jeremy Lin...was one of my favorite players in the league before he ever put on Rocket Red.

My concern is what I'm hearing and seeing in box scores over the course of the season. Granted, it's extremely early and I'm not at all suggesting that I agree with the title of this thread.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I will make fun of him for not only missing, but air balling a wide open three. Multiple times this year. You have to LOL at that. It's pretty funny.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

We started the game looking like we were going to get blown out. Jeremy played fine. I doubt he's 100% healthy yet; let's be patient. Hope his confidence improves.

13. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Did you copy that from my sig?:grin: j/k it's cool.

I'm actually glad this thread is created, it shows the true colour of some of the posters. For personal reference

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Never was a fan of Lin but his determination and detication to the game is unquestioned to me.

He was undrafted and worked his ass off to get here. Let's hope that shot is fuel for his desire to succeed

15. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

16. seahawk

seahawk Member

This thread will make Jeremy Lin a better person if not a better BBaller. Who else can take these volume of bashing...I can think of one - LBJ.

17. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

I was at the game last night. He seems very stagnant.

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

19. gregas

gregas Member

What about Gorans contract makes him unmovable? Barring serious injury, his production will remain similar to last year (as a starter), which makes his contract good value, if not a bargain.

20. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

the dreaded player option my friend