1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Damn. That's a little harsh.

He's only questioning how severe the injury was and how much it played into his recent string of bad games. Doesn't seem that outrageous to me. There's absolutely no way to prove either extreme. It could be 100% of the reason he was playing bad, it could be 5%, no one here knows.

Maybe since it's coming from this specific poster is what's causing the extreme retaliation?

1 person likes this.
  2. SPBR

SPBR Member

One guy is singlehandedly keeping his own troll thread alive. Props to effort but timing could be better (e.g. right after Lin has a terrible game).

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Trolls need to be put int heir place. Rep to OldManRock

4. Dei

Dei Member

Well, if you're OK with someone wanting someone to die because of opinion, then you're my kind of guy. You must like gun rights.

5. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

he was just joking, he certainly would not want Dei to do that.

6. Dei

Dei Member

Just like how Lin was wasn't playing well because he was hurt pretty bad right?

7. gambingo

gambingo Member

It's difficult to gauge the severity of his back pain if you're not the physician/Lin. But from personal experience with my own back pain, if Lin needed to ride the stationary bike so his back wouldn't stiffen up, he's one bad sneeze away from getting a glimpse of what paralysis feels like. I don't wish that upon anyone, but ppl with chronic back pain will experience that at least once if they don't take care of it.

8. gambingo

gambingo Member

Normally, you wouldn't feel a thing with paralysis. But if your back give out, it's paralysis + excruciating pain. I'm pretty sure others with back pain know what im talking about.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dude, if it were that serious he should have taken some games off and focused on rehab. Nobody would fault him for that.

10. Dei

Dei Member

I don't wanna make it seem like I have to approve every post in this thread but, see this post? It's favorable to Lin but I don't disagree with it. He's drawing from his own experience.

That said, maybe Lin really did have a really bad back. Dunno for sure but I'd forgive him to know that and would give props if he handled it like a soldier. Just don't tell me his poor play is sorely because of injury when we don't know much about it. The LOFs are trying to make that excuse a FACT using their numbers by repeating it over and over again. For how badly I'm villainized, ask yourself if that isn't heinous.

11. gambingo

gambingo Member

I'm simply empathizing with his back condition. I don't need your approval or disapproval lol. I don't even know you.

12. Dei

Dei Member

I didn't give or withdraw it.

13. gambingo

gambingo Member

I feel the same way, but not about the part about nobody would fault him. We watch the team play on a regular, some interviews here and there, and the stuffs they put on their social media. We think we know the team, but we don't really know that.

It's like your own work place. You think you know your coworkers, but you really don't. You might get a serious injury, but you still tough it out and come to work anyway, even though you can't really do much. Some of your coworkers can empathize with you, but there are some who will think you're faking it and will say **** behind your back.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin said he felt a lot better and played a much better game, it's not confusing LOL.

The severity isn't the issue, its the NBA and if you're off your game even 1% it'll show.

15. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Lin can be streaky but its said that he's been playing with back pain. Parson had some back pain and played like crap. It's a fact that back injuries will limit you physically and mentally. Honestly though he played well, so let's be happy about it and hope it continues. Dei is just a troll and should just be ignored.

16. Solaris

Solaris Member

You guys didn't realize he was a troll after reading the first post in this thread? :cool:

17. Dei

Dei Member

Yao played with a broken toe and put up All-Star numbers. Tracy had chronic back-issues too and, likewise, played like an All-Star.

You don't read my responses and just repeat the same thing over and over that's what's not confusing to me.

18. Dei

Dei Member

I sincerely doubt the other players would fault him for being injured. Everybody gets injured. But if it's chronic and he stays sucky, then yeah. Chandler got a DNP recently and bounced back after. That's better than going out there and sucking. What's important is he plays well.

19. Dei

Dei Member

I was. Yeah and it was funny. But now I'm putting up arguments.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin isn't Beverley or Yao or tmac, he's yet to prove he can play at a high level through injury, which tbh I don't think really matters. Nobody was mad at Griffin when he struggled in the playoffs with his ankle injury.

I'm just saying that based on the evidence at hand that his injury played a role in his recent struggles, it could've been 20%, 50%, 80% the reason and the rest just a typical stretch of dumbass decision making from a notably inconsistent player.

Relax. not out to get ya