1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Dei

Dei Member

What? That doesn't make sense. I'm not making the case that the injury didn't affect his play.

2. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

So you're saying a injury doesn't affect decision making? Lol you're clearly a bball fan not a player.

3. Dei

Dei Member

When did I ever say that? Can't you read?

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin said his back has felt better than it has in weeks

Lin plays his best game in weeks

the logical deduction is that his back was affecting his play, not complicated, hope he continues to play well, hes a big boost if he's playing well

5. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Couple pages earlier...

Just ignore this troll. He's flame baiting yall :p

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Well Lin surely played much better last night. I really hope it was a back injury and he is healthy and ready for this stretch run and the playoffs. We will need him to play aggressive and attack the basket with the 2nd unit to either maintain leads or perhaps gain a lead. I just want the Rockets to win.

7. Dei

Dei Member

People react differently to injuries. If it's the type a player normally plays through and he reacted way worse than that, that's actually a negative against him. It means he's fragile.

But, as said, Idk the exact nature of his injury. Nobody knows. I just don't find it right to so conveniently dismiss the type of play we saw the past few weeks simply to injury without knowing enough about it.

8. ChippedToothLin

All I know is if he doesn't do **** again for the 2nd playoffs in a row, the punchline shall be punched.

9. Dei

Dei Member

Yeah, I can't imagine what type of injury could've induced such poor level of play. That's not saying "injury doesn't affect decision making".

Seriously, you people need to learn English.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lin is so damn streaky. We desperately need him to get back to the form he started the year with for the playoffs.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's a back injury. Your spine is your lifeline. Let me take a sledge hammer and bust up your spine and if you are not paralyzed you'll understand a little better what back pain is like. Stupid stupid stupid...

12. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The injury has affected his shooting. That's pretty clear. During the first half of the year, he was a 47% shooter. During this 6 or 7 game stretch, he has been well below that. His other stats were not affected as much. If you look at his performances against the Clippers, Golden St., Orlando and Sacramento, he had a positive +/-, and made a lot of good decisions even if his ability to score was hampered a bit. Against the Clips, Orlando and the Warriors, he helped the team get back into the game after entering the game with the team facing a deficit. So, I take issue with this notion that he was completely awful during this 6 or 7 game stretch of reduced scoring efficiency. He actually had a better +/- than Beverley and gave the team what he was physically able to do.

13. Dei

Dei Member

Only if you let me bust yours up first.

But, like I said, nobody knows the exact nature of the injury. Dunno if he reacted to it appropriately. That's all I'm saying.

14. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

why don't you:mad: just shut up for a few days and wait until Lin plays bad again.

15. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Keep trolling son. ;)

Underhanded comments like "you people need to learn English" and "that's cute" certainly isn't helping your case. You're quickly developing a reputation for being a troll.

16. Dei

Dei Member

When you're talking about the cause, you can't argue with it using the results. If you're saying he was affected by the back injury, you can't justify it with saying that he was shooting below his average. You've got to to talk about how the back injury caused the results.

+/- are actually dependent on who you're playing with/against/who's rolling. That's why most long-time fans don't really look at it that critically.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

How about you jump from a high dive face first into an empty pool. If you survive your back should be messed up enough to have some empathy for Lin. If you die, well shiit happens. ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

19. Dei

Dei Member

I'm taking that as people coming up with a convenient excuse to ignore my arguments. They can't beat it so they just call me a troll because they're angry. Tough luck reality is on my side.

But, as for my quote, it was an exaggeration i.e. a figure of speech. In fact, if you read through the entire sentence and not take it out of context:

You'll see that I still wasn't denying that an injury could've affected his play and that I was saying it in jest.

So, yes, learn English.

20. Dei

Dei Member

Feel better now?