1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I think Lin is an excellent on the ball defender, but I guess we can agree to disagree. Don't forget the way he has drawn several charges (I believe the only Rockets guard draw a charge this year--from memory), stopped Gallo without any help and also played good D against Wade and Lebron (blocking Wade and prevent Lebron from an easy post-up). I think Lin's defense is still being judged based on the "reputation" created by those in the media who dislike him for whatever reason. Even the Rockets broadcasters have commented on Lin's excellent defense.

Lin's main issues throughout his career have been: 1) shooting, 2) lack of NBA/major college PG experience, and 3) ballhandling. We all know how modest Lin is, and even he said that his defense was NBA ready all the way back at Golden State. For #1, he has addressed his FT% (now top 10 in the NBA) but still needs to work on his spot up shooting for his FG%, but I think that this will go up even if he continues to get "misused" as a spot up shooter. He has also addressed #3, although it doesn't look as "pretty" as some other players, but it is very effective--look at his TO rate--a total of 2 in the last two games, and he is rapidly gaining on #2.

2. catch22

catch22 Member

Trade JLin's ass out of houston, I had enough

seriously, what a joke. He can't shoot, can't finish around the rim, don't want to attack, no play making. One of the worst PG in the league right now and the worst thing is there is no sign of improvement after 5 games

either trade him or bench him, I don't want to see his ass on the court anymore

3. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

He will be happy leaving this team and go to somewhere he can finally be a real point guard instead of a spot-up 3pt shooter.

4. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Okay I don't see how calling "you people" (which I didn't even type) has anything to do with having an intelligent discussion.

I became a Lin fan AFTER I followed the Harden signing with Rockets. At the limited time period I'm here, I have yet to see an actual Lin fan who doesn't care about the team. But on the contrary I have seen so called "Rockets fan" cared so much about the team that they will hate on Lin and magnify everything he does no matter what. It makes me want to defend him more because these kind of crap even though I'm not that big of a fan.

But in any case, as I said, fans are irrational at times. But just because of that doesn't justify it to make a hate thread magnifying something that contributes to probably 1% of the outcome tonight.

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

John Lucas III

6. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I saw Rondo air balled a FT once, and he was wide open, nobody guarding him for like 6 secs. Boston fans and the teams just laughed......
    Never in my life did I see one NBA player get bashed sooo hard like this board is doing for an air ball, I'm not a Lin fan but man I gotta defend this kid. And the OP must hate Lin to the guts for making a thread like this bashing a player that has done no wrong to the team or the city of Houston, your bashing him like he's Scottie Pippin, what has he done to get so much hate?

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Harden has to have the ball in his hands to be effective in a PNR offense. It's why he ran PG down the stretch for the Thunder and Westbrook shifted to SG. I don't disagree that Lin does too and that's a huge reason why I think both are struggling. You're going to give the better player the ball and let him play to his strengths. This team isn't going anywhere as is. Are we getting the most out of Lin, no, but Harden is a franchise cornerstone.

Milsap would add wins but wouldn't make us a contender. The other two don't fit with our current offense

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Clutch may now consider imposing even stricter rules to start a new thread.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Bring Back the Run n' Gun?

With all the complaining of our stagnant half court offense with too many Harden iso's and McHale's non-existant sets, should we simply just try to run on as many possession possible.

I remember when Yao was first out for the 2010 season, we had no low post threat and Brooks wasn't particularly good at running a half court offense, we simply ran the ball as much as we could and had better than expected result doing it.

I mean I look at the team right now, Lin is not really utilized and effective in a half court set because he doesn't have the ball, Harden is not particularly scoring with ease either with the iso's, and Asik and Patterson have no consistent low post offense, but all of them especially Lin, Parsons, Harden can run the break really well.

I always thought Lin had better court vision during a fast break than a half court setting anyway, why not utilize that to get his confidence back. Lin and Harden can develop more of a chemistry anyway if they actually feed eachother into easy layups instead of forced drives and long jumpers all the time.

Plus this time around, the team isn't as terrible defensively as Brooks, Martin, and Scola, so we can play at a fast pace without giving up too much on defense.

10. catch22

catch22 Member

guess what, rondo just had a triple double. comparing lin to rondo is pathetic

11. FearTheBeardJH

When Bobcats got two better point guards than your starting PG is, then you know you are in trouble.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He plays passing lanes. It works as he picks up steals but trying to make the arguement he's a good defender won't work. Being one of the better defenders on this team isn't saying much. McHale is a ****ty coach. That doesn't make lin a good defender. You're too caught up in stats.

13. catch22

catch22 Member

where is my thread? so after jlin's crappy performance, fans can't even voice their frustration?

we should either trade lin or bench him, he can't attack, can't shoot, can't finish around the rim, can't make plays, is not clutch. one of the worst pg in the league right now

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Harden's strengths are not playmaking & running an offense. That isn't what he is he isn't a PG. He is a great passer but that doesn't mean he can direct an offense. Two different things. Right now the guy that directs the offense the best is being used as a spot up shooter. Everybody sees this, NBA bloggers have said as much, Rocket beat writers have said as much everyone.

And yes I don't want a player that will just add wins & not make us a contender so no to Milsap.

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

This is what Linsanity costs him - A victim of those hypes.

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

All of sudden...that air-ball can kill a cow.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Being one of the better defenders on a team that is currently 6th in the NBA defensively doesn't say much? How does that make sense. Does Omer Asiks' defense not count too because McHale is a ****ty coach? And he picks up stelas not only by playing the passing lanes but by picking guys pockets clean as well. We saw that against Westbrook in the pre-season & against Conley against Memphis, LBJ & Ray Allen tonight. And I don't need stats to tell me that Lin is a good defender I just need my eyes. If you can't see it then I really don't know what to tell you.

18. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Sir, boy, whatever, I didn't compare him with Rondo, are you even serious ?

19. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

He made LeBron and Wade shot 2 for 7 on him tonight. Thoughts?

20. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I love you Day! :grin::grin::grin: