1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Highlights vs Hawks 11/2/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by geraldd39, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

He is one of bro, I am impressed.

Wait, not until he score 81+!

Lol, that is SAS!

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Thanks for posting this. Good to add to the ol Rox highlight vids collectiion

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Thanks a bunch

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

@0.53 Lin to Harden...got the loudest reaction from the crowd. Love it!

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Am I the only one who really didn't like his game today. I thought the Pistons game was even better...
    - His deference, actually the whole team's deference, is too much. I don't know why they are all looking around to pass it to solely James. It was weird for me to see.
    - Those shots at the end.. He really looked like he didn't have his legs under him at all. He never looked so bad in a long time..
    - He had so many open shots that he would pass up for a less open shot going to PPat or someone else. I don't like it. He's gotta shoot when he's open. He's not the main pg anymore on a lot of sets. When Harden leads it to him, he has to shoot if the shot's there.
    - He doesn't seem to play with swag like he used to.

..just my personal opininos.

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Harden gives Lin passes when he is wide-open, and instead of shoot the ball. Lin takes a low percentage shot and drives amongst the trees in the paint, and usually misses the layup or gets his shot blocked. Dragic would shoot those shots, but im willing to give Lin the benefit of the doubt because of his hurt knee. He is still playing like a warrior out there

7. adamzee

adamzee Member

wasn't stephen a fired from espn before for racism? babe ruth?

anyway, who was harden talking to at the end?

8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Yeah. He needs to shoot that. But, on the other hand, I have no problem with him driving it "amongst the trees" as he won't keep missing those bunny shots that even I can make. And it's not like I haven't seen him make those before, repeatedly, every game.

Dragic would shoot it. But that's cuz he's more of a shooting guard. Lin's almost trained himself to survey and set up the play rather than just shooting it when it gets to him.

Also, IMHO, I've seen most of Dragic's games and though he may shoot that shot, he also wouldn't be generating as much of those at the rim assists which leads to wins or dictating tempo as well as Lin.

9. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

It looked to me like he maybe tried to give the ball to the ref with a few seconds left and the ref declined the ball and then he was like 'come on man... it doesn't matter'.

Pure speculation my part.

10. kent335

kent335 Member

Chris Paul had a very similar surgery and it took him about one full season to fully recover and regain his explosiveness. Paul's play in the season after the surgery was average. I expect it will be the same for Lin.

11. King Boo

King Boo Member

This is what I thought too. The ref counts as a part of the court, so even if he threw it to the ref before time ran out, I don't think it'd count as a turnover. If the ref was a huge stickler though, he'd probably try to dodge the ball :grin:

12. nono

nono Member

You have a guy on the team that is scoring a lot of points at a historic level of efficiency. There is no reason for anyone on this team to take a difficult shot if Harden is open. We don't need Russell Westbrook part 2.

13. jojolover

jojolover Member

But still a valid point :grin:

14. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I don't think Lin has gotten back his confidense yet on offense. He's seems to be working his way back little by little, like this game he was looking for his shots a little more than the previous game and preseason games. Now he needs to build confidence and then those late shots will start falling and he'll be able to finish at the basket more and more.

They were deferring to James a lot, which is fine because he is playing so well, at the same time this could lead to turnovers because it gets a little sloppy, so they just need to be more careful in passing to him