1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Figure Out Or Fatigued?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by munco, Feb 12, 2012.

1. munco

munco Member

I didn't catch tonight's game, but I heard had a great first half and a terrible second half. My friend said he seemed tired in the second half, but I'm curious to hear what other people thought.

Was he just tired or did the T-Wolves figure him out or a combination?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we didn't need another thread man for this dude. plus you can read the recaps.

it's a back to back and he plays 39 minutes on back to backs.

3. munco

munco Member

was too lazy timan. thanks for sorta answering though. you are right, i didn't need to start another thread

4. sinobball

sinobball Member

He was also limping a bit in the 4th. He was clearly fatigued, and Rubio played solid D on him so it's a little of both.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

4th game in 5 nights, 2nd game of a back to back playing 39 minutes each, on the road after a huge home game, 4th start ever. I'll cut him some slack, he didn't do completely bad in the 2nd half. Poked the ball making Rubio commit a crucial turnover, drove in when they were down the stretch, got fouled, and hit a FT to put them ahead. Rubio played good D on him too.

6. MONON

MONON Member

Also, Rubio's no slouch either.

7. elrond

elrond Member

I'd say he seemed fatigued, even in the first half actually. He missed a couple of layups that he'd would've made in the past couple games. Rubio seems to put quite a bit of effort in his defense and was giving Lin some trouble as well I think.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He also did get dinged in the 2nd half. Don't know when it happened but the limp was very noticable.

9. cod

cod Member

That was momentary like a charlie horse. It looked like knocked his ankle on the floor after a layup attempt where he fell.

Rubio just did a number on him all game not just the 2nd half. He was driving to the hoop and dishing just like the previous games when Rubio wasn't on him. Especially when he had Barea guarding him.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Who is Ricky Rubio? ;)

11. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Dude was gassed, he played the whole 2nd half and was doing interviews till 2am the previous night I heard!

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10 Jeremy Lin threads on the first page of NBA Dish. (L)Insane.

13. maverick4231

maverick4231 Member

he pretty much palyed the enitre 2nd half without rest. 1st half he was 7 of 10. had 6 tos most keeping in the 2nd half. keep in mind he had 8 tos against utah. Lin had 8 assists but his teammates missed a couple so he should have had a double double. I don't think he's been figured out yet but give credit to Rubio for some pretty good defense.

i noticed he's been missing chandler a couple of times on pick rolls so i expect some film watching to correct that. Other than that, he played a great game considering they just played last night agains tthe lakers!

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

He was pretty much figured out. The Rockets dropped some intel on this guy from training camp. Sold it to teams willing to pay enough.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

According to Adelman's post game interview they changed their D up on Lin at halftime to force him from going to the right.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Lin was driving at will, just needed some fresh legs...

17. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

That and they started to double him and treated him like an All Star. That's what it took to finally shut him down. But when Stat and Melo comes back, Lin would have passed out of those situations. Rubio couldn't guard him one on one without help coming.

18. cod

cod Member

Rubio easily took care of Lin on single coverage. Lin was manhandled by Rubio all game didn't need help. In the 3rd quarter they ran Fields at Rubio and Rubio absolutely could not guard Landry.

1 person likes this.
  19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

yeah he definitely did not have a great second half but but he made THE drive that led to his eventual game winning FT. :eek:

he displayed a MAJOR clutch gene. i wish we had a closer like jeremy lin.

20. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Did you even watch the game?