1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I knew there is some LOF in you.

Just kidding.

2. fluors

fluors Member

"Watch the Stars (JLin) and See Yourself Running With Them"....Meditations...Marcus Aurelius.

Work hard. Be the best basketball player and teammate that you can possibly be, holding nothing back. no matter the outcome. That's all anyone can ask of you. Thank You for being a Rocket. Good luck.

3. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Best Wishes to you @JLin7 in LA

Thank you!

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

meaning what you were showing was all regular season and one post season.
    I am not solely putting it on his shoulders
    1. no one anticipated LA to go off (even with good d)
    2. we dug ourselves down, but brought each other back to a position to succeed.
    3. no patience from lin to slow down/call t.o/stopping himself from sprinting full court 1on3 (multiple times)
    4. i'm not going to take away blame from parsons for the missed assignment on lillard however, the mo williams incident will be remembered forever as more costly.
    5. if a series came down to one play/player and that subject basically threw our chances away, then he will not be forgiven and he is to blame.

inb4 #giveitarest.
    i'm simply responding, #chill.

5. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

He wasn't overpaid, the Rockets paid him a total of 10 million for the 2 seasons he was with the Rockets.

6. NotChandlerParsons

Remember the second game he and Harden played? Rockets @ Atlanta. Harden had 45, Lin had 21. It seemed like they might become one of the best backcourts in the NBA. I think when we look back on it we'll remember him as an okay guard who we rode really hard because of his terrible fanbase.

1 person likes this.
  7. goyao11

goyao11 Member

I don't think anybody would say that Lin is some kind of legendary post-season performer during his short career to date. Having been injured at the worst times for his first 2 seasons, he didn't do too hot this post-season beyond that one game. The purpose of my post was to respond to you when you implied that there was nothing to be appreciated about Lin's tenure here - that's just not true.

The Lin turnover was definitely very costly and it left a bad taste in my mouth, but honestly, I was too busy being angry at our horrible overall team play. You could easily say that if Bev denied a certain jumper to Lillard at time X or Harden didn't get bullied by Matthews at time Y, then Lin's turnover wouldn't have even mattered. At the end of the day, it's easy to point fingers especially at Lin, but it really was a meltdown of epic proportions for our entire team.

This doesn't absolve Lin of that turnover, but it makes no sense for him to bear that burden alone and let it detract from whatever appreciation he is due.

That's all I'm saying, and I will give it a rest. :)

8. Stats

Stats Member

Yeah, the first days were great. I think Lin had a near triple double. Then earlier this year (before his injury), Lin was playing very well, then injury.

Lin's inconsistencies are well documented, but the degree to which the Lin hate runs on this site is incredible. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player hated so much just because of his fans (even kobe).

People were quoting LOFs on laker forums, so I went to have a laugh. It turns out there are deliberate trolls (at least one from this forum) who created accounts to impersonate LOFs to generate hate.

The level of effort that's gone into hating on this otherwise pretty nice dude is just astonishing to me.

9. archinkent

archinkent Member

If you have nothing to appreciate, then don't post. Simple. Go troll somewhere else.

I don't like Casspi but if there is an appreciation thread for him, you won't see me ****ting on his thread.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly. He is now being paid max money. Enjoy it Lakers...

For Houston: it won't be hard to get a less turnover prone, better defensive, better 3 point shooting backup PG.

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

A solid basketball player and great person off the court. Wish him all the best in LA.

Thank you for the contributions to Rockets in the past two years.

12. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

makes a lot of sense that you'd open this thread then

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Kudos, well said mate

14. hurstian

hurstian Member

I wish Lin could stay...

15. mingthething

mingthething Member

Especially PG's.... Lowry, Dragic. AB to a certain extent.

16. 22cents

22cents Member

Wish Lin the best of his career.

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

geez man, not one mention of the fact that our best player took a vacation for almost every game? no no, throw it on the role player. smh

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

A PG with Lin's skills minus the TOs, better defense, and 3pt shooting? Dude thats a frigging NBA starter right there. Its not THAT easy :(

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You know nothing about Rockets ball... just GTFO... really, just GTFO. :rolleyes:

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

And so it never frackin ends.....