1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm ok with him missing shots. That happens.
    but not knowing the time situation during the playoffs that's a rookie mistake . Worst than Steve Francis decision making with less talent.

And I've actually met Lin. He's not that personable.
    When I talked to Horry he told me some funny Hakeem stories.

I miss ron artest way more than Lin.

Ron artest was real.

2. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I'm sure the kid is losing sleep over what the tinman thinks about him.Why the hate, did he sleep with your wife or something? You keep bringing up that play as if its worst play in history. That play didn't even lose us the lead let alone the game. Chandler Parsons dumb play not only lost us the game, but the ****ing series.

1 person likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I believe you're on the wrong forum. Lakersground.net is your dumpster now. Bon voyage!

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't hate Lin.

you just hate the truth.

Yes that play was more critical. I'm not blaming Parsons on a switch to Lillard for a desperation 3 pointer.

Lin is a bad ball handler who is not aware of late game situations.

I'm not directing this message to Lin, it's just something people need to know.

the truth.

I do dislike Lin fans, glad most of them are leaving Clutchfans. I'm hoping the Lakers fans step on them.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I'll miss Lin. He was exciting to watch when he was on. Good luck to him on his new team.

I don't understand. I'm sure both fans sets will be respectful, and I expect many arguments between Lin fans and Laker fans will make extensive use of advanced stats, such as points per game and ... well, just points per game.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

What was there to appreciate?

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I expect Lin fans to insult Laker's history and think that they will tell their fanbase that Lin is like Jackie Robinson

I also expect the fury of the Asian Kobe fans to run over the Lin fans like a lawn mower over grass

8. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

plus you can't just point and blame 1 player for losing the series. what, a backup bench scrub who is mediocre? cmon now. team needs to take responsibility. poor defense, iso ball, bad coaching. short rotation.

1 person likes this.
  9. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Those few extreme Lin fans do not represent all Lin fans. :p

10. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Its like a child learning his first comeback:rolleyes:

11. ADB

ADB Member

entire thread of expected responses. Some are actually surprisingly positive, really out of character. Otherwise, expected.

12. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Wow, it's so damn sad that there's already trolls there pretending to be LOF's... probably from CF...Some people are so pathetic.

13. skychaser

skychaser Member

Serious question, have you ever consider the possibility that half of the bad impression you have on Lin Fans are actually made-up by the Lin Fans Haters that keep on trolling?

He has been traded away and both sides are happy for sure. Maybe the smart thing to do is just let it go and stop sounding like you are butthurt.

14. CometsWin

Maybe when you grow up you'll understand the difference between cheering for a team and cheering for a player to the exclusion of the team he plays for. Yay!

15. CometsWin

Yeah, "pretending" to be LOF's. Like the 2 years of them "pretending" here "LandryFields".

16. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I don't know if the "Lin fans" on Clutchfans are actually Lin fans.... They might be trolls who plan on sticking around.....

(I do know some Lin fans on Twitter who don't like me because I also like Pat Beverley and James Harden.... You just can't win.)

I do think some of the Lin haters use his "fans" to justify the hate.

Meanwhile, Lin won't be playing in a "Moreyball" offense next season. For that reason alone, I wouldn't be shocked if he started playing at a much higher level. Similar to how he played in New York. We wait and see.

The disappointment in the Lin deal is that the Rox, aside from cap room and maybe foreign players, are not getting anything in return.

17. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I've always put team first, and rooted for Lin to the extent that he was a Rocket. You assumed I was LOF because the culture of the forum have you paranoid. Any defensive of Lin, right or wrong will earn you a label, while unfair criticism are encouraged. This is an appreciation thread, yet the haters are every where setting up straw men argument to bash a kid whom has done nothing wrong.

2 people like this.
  18. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Man some of y'all are so closed-minded. You think everyone that supports Lin is a "LOF", there couldn't possibly be a rational Lin supporter or an irrational Lin hater, all criticism of Lin is valid and all stereotyping/attacks against his supporters is justified.

Just look at this post from lakers ground..
    It's obviously a troll poster.

19. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Lin's future is much brighter in LA than in Houston. In Houston, he couldn't start because Beverley had to play with Harden to cover for Harden's no defense. In LA, he will has ball in his hands, plany tons of P&R, tons of fast breaks, and a good chance to recreate Linsanity 2.0. In Linsanity 1.0, they won tons of games with a bunch of scrubs playing hard every night. In 2014, Lin is a better shooter, better driver, and plays better defense compared to 2012. I won't be even surprised if Lin made the all star team.

20. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Dude, the kid is not going to create any kind of Linsanity anywhere. Those moments are gone and never to be replicated again. Linsanity was a media driven idea. The kid came out of nowhere and did what he did, that was the story. If he managed to do it again, it would just be another story. Unless he's dumb enough to fall into that crap again, he'll just be another good ball player trying to help his team.