1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lamb ranked #1, Terence Jones #9 on NBA.com's Rookie Ladder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, Jul 17, 2012.

1. davidlee

davidlee Member

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Numerous sources called the Stein rumors inaccurate and said VERY clearly that we would not be gutting our team. It's simple logic that we have the best offer on the table even while only giving up a couple prospects.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No way we trade both of them.

If anything They take Parsons, Patterson, White/Jones (maybe both), Martin... They should be happy with that, they ain't getting no better for a possible rental and now it is known that he's still injured and wants to get off that team via twitter.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Called it
    Both deceptively effortless

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The Iceman .. He was even a lot skinnier than Lamb.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Donuts was there after Day One

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Sounds pretty realistic assuming we don't give up any future Rockets 1st rounders (or it's HEAVILY protected if so).

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

This. I think with Dwight's price set as a 1 year rental + his injury concerns means we are bidding against ourselves. Its not what he is worth but rather what the market demands. 1 serious team bidding?=low demand.

I think we stick to Morey's lowball offer and dare anyone to match: Martin, Raptors Pick, 1 asset (either Patterson/Morris/or one of the 4 rooks), take on 1 expiring, oh and because we are nice guys, we'll give you a 2nd round pick too.

Take it or go find another partner.

9. rlgosnell

rlgosnell Member

That offer sucks. Patterson and Morris are not assets. It would take the Lowry pick, at least 1 of our 1sts, and 2 of the rooks to get a deal done. Patterson and Morris? Really?

10. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Seeing as to how our rookies are actually going to be starters and role players as to where every one elses outside the top 20 are trying to make the team.. i would hope we had a couple rookies in the top 10/15.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jeremy Lamb will be on the Durant , Westbrook and Harden level. So he's like a top 5 pick IMO. So if we get Dwight without giving him up that's two big time players in my book.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's what I call leverage!

Welcome to Houston Dwight!

13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

i'd give up the lowry pick, our pick and maybe another, Martin, Jones, White or Patterson maybe even both.

then resign Lee.

Jeremy Lin/Douglas
    Lamb/Lee
    Parsons/Mookie
    DMo/Patterson or White
    DHoward/Asik

14. Mariachi ROCKET

Definitely a Keeper for sure! D. Maury will be hanging him self if he were to trade him.

15. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I have a feeling Lamb will top 5 on this list ALL YEAR LONG.

16. rocketfaithful

I would do that in a heartbeat. parsons and the rookies are the only ones I care about. The all rookie first team might just be the houston rockets

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Struck gold...

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Surprised as well with no mention of D-Mo. During the Summer league games he's really getting most of the attention.

Also how often do new skilled 7 footers come into the NBA??? Once every 4 years? He's a foundation piece IMO even if he still has alot of development left in his game and doesn't necessarily have the ceiling of a Dirk or Pau. Skilled 7 footers just dont come around very often.

If the Rockets do not aquire Dwight, they are still going to be a very interesting team on a national level despite their wins and losses this next season. Id still like to see a veteran big man or two get added to help this team defensively, and allow the young bigs to play their natural positions. Should be an exciting year one way or another.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He's more of a Ray Allen type... still respects go out to Ray's game but they are very similar in style of play, most likely due to their UConn roots.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

But those long arms and smooth touch make it close.