1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jennings already planning exit?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cod, Feb 10, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/NBA-s...jennings-already-planning-exit-123415819.html

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wants a bigger market.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...ndon-jennings-doing-homework-big-market-teams

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If he doesn't sign the extension, it is restricted FAcy right?

Any offer to him will be matched.

His only hope is to accept the qualifying offer and force a trade. Or just try to force a trade now.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

so basically he wants the Lakers?

5. cod

cod Member

He's probaby just giving the Bucks incentive to give their "best offer" when they eventually talk numbers.

Then again the article hsf09 could suggest he wants Bogut and or Jackson traded. Recently, the Bucks beat writer had a source informing him that both these guys had to go.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I always thought Jennings would be a great pass-first point guard, but he has turned into more of a scorer as a pro. I think its working out for the best.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He's always wanted to play in New York.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Jennings told ESPN that he wants to not box himself in and be available the following summer when the 22-year-old can be a free agent.

Based on the quote in the first post it sounds like his plan is to play next season under the qualifying offer and then be an unrestricted FA the following season.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

His backup is also grumbling about leaving. http://journaltimes.com/sports/buck...cle_3a1ee624-53ac-11e1-b6b0-0019bb2963f4.html.

Maybe it's Skiles that needs to go.

Or maybe the Bucks need to move to another city.

BUCKS BEAT: Change isn't for the better for Udrih

GERY WOELFEL gwoelfel@journaltimes.com | Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:52 pm

MILWAUKEE - You would think by now that everybody would know how to pronounce Beno Udrih's name.

After all, Udrih isn't a new kid on the NBA block. He's almost a grizzled veteran, now in his seventh pro season.

But that isn't the case for the Milwaukee Bucks guard. Not a day goes by when his name isn't butchered by someone.

And, it's not just his surname that is mangled. So is his given name.

"A lot of people still get my first name wrong, too," Udrih said. "They call me Beano or Baino or whatever. It's not that hard to say. It's Ben with an o on the end. It's short and simple."

Udrih's last name has been mispronounced so often that it's gotten to the point where Udrih doesn't even bother correcting the offenders.

More often than not, Udrih said he's been called "Ooh-drick."

"If you check my last name with Kirk Hinrich's last name, it's totally different," Udrih said of the Atlanta Hawks guard. "But people keep saying my name like his with ‘rick' at the end.

"I don't why people say it, but I've gotten over it. It's been happening so long now."

So, what is the correct pronouncement of Udrih's last name?

"It's ‘Ooh-dree' The ‘h' at the end is soft," Udrih said.

Udrich admits there are bigger issues in his life than the pronouncement of his name, one being his role with the Bucks.

When Udrih was informed he had been traded by the Sacramento Kings to the Bucks last June, he was genuinely excited. He thought it would be an opportunity to build on the finest season of his career.

The 29-year-old Slovenian averaged a career-high 13.7 points and 4.9 assists a game during the 2010-2011 season. He played in 79 games and started 64 of them. He played major minutes, averaging 34.6 a game.

And this season with the Bucks?

Udrih has yet to start a game and is playing about half the minutes - 16.9 minutes - than he did in Sacramento. He is also averaging a mere 5.2 points and 3.2 assists.

No, this isn't what Udrih had in mind when the trade went down.

"I didn't expect to play 15 minutes a game here," Udrih said. "I thought it would be like between 25 and 30 minutes and maybe play with Brandon (Jennings) a little because Brandon likes to move to the shooting guard, too.

"But it hasn't happened as much as I thought it would. It is what it is."

Udrih's drastic decline in playing time can be attributed to several things. Jennings is getting the vast majority of minutes at point guard, playing 35.6 minutes a game; the surprising play of shooting guard Shaun Livingston, who is playing 23 minutes a game, and the use of swingmen Mike Dunleavy, Carlos Delfino and Stephen Jackson occasionally at shooting guard.

That's of little consolation to Udrih.

"I can't get into a rhythm," Udrih said. "I get two shots coming right into the game and I might miss them and then I'm out of the game.

"Last year, I was a 70 percent shooter inside the paint and had a 50 percent shooter for the whole season. I think, now, I'm a 45 percent shooter (actually 43).

"It's been frustrating; I'm not going to lie. Everybody that knows basketball a little bit knows it's tough coming from 34 minutes to 15 minutes. It's different, totally different, the mentality for coming off the bench.

"I just got to get used to it. They're the head coaches and they put this team together. They play the guys who they feel will help the team.

"I'm ready to play if I get more minutes. I'll try to stay positive as much as I can and do whatever I can when I get in.

"But like I said, it's tough."

It's so tough that Udrih wouldn't say whether he'll exercise his option to play another season with the Bucks.

The 29-year-old Udrih, who is making $7.3 million this season, has a player's option for $7.8 million next season.

"I just want to see how this year turns out," said Udrih, who planned to play in Russia if the NBA lockout hadn't ended. "Whatever I say right now would be out of the blue. I would just be guessing."

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He should have made this declaration early in the season,when he was off to a hot start as per usual, rather than in his customary February slump.

I think Mil should sell high on a team willing to overpay.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Knicks would make the most sense to me. He wants to play there and they need a young scoring pg that can also make plays.

12. arjun

arjun Member

that's not cool. not cool at all. i hate this about the "new" nba.
    i hope all the big markets already have better pgs than jennings so that b**** is stuck in milwaukee

13. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I thought he got snubbed. Now glad that he did.

14. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

too bad, D-fish gonna stay around

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Fortunately I don't think any team that has Jennings will ever go deep into the playoffs.

16. arjun

arjun Member

well if he does go to a big market...more people will see that he's NOT that good.

17. BleedRocketsRed

Trade him with fillers to the Celtics for Paul Pierce+pick
    Celtics then do 3-team sending Rondo to Lakers, Pau to Rockets, Martin+Scola to Celtics.

Boom, problems solved.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Here's an idea.....stop talking about your future intentions while you are garnishing a MASSIVE paycheck from your current team. The NBA really needs to reconsider its business model if it wants to continue in smaller markets.

19. BleedRocketsRed

He was probably offered close to max or max by the Bucks

He was probably asked questions along the lines of why an extension isn't being signed

What do you expect him to do, dodge questions?

20. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

I really doubt Lakers would want Jennings. I think they would rather have Beno Udrih. They need more of a facilitator kind of pg not a shoot first pg.