1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

jelani mccoy, jahidi white, and scot pollard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brahma rocket, Jul 26, 2000.

1. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

shouldnt rudy and co. start concentrating on these guys.are they still available? also throw in brad miller. and if cuttino does leave, what about abdul wahad or chucky atkins

------------------
    johnny "red" kerr:i'm glad the bulls did'nt draft steve francis.

dan roan: why!!!!!

johnny red kerr:because he would forever be compared to michael jordan.

2. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

I don't really see any roster spots open for any of them. While they be good additions, I don't think I would promise them the PT that it would take to get them.

C Cato, Hakeem, Washingtonb
    PF KT, Collier, Carlos
    SF LANGHI!, Walt
    SG Anderson, Cat
    PG Francis, Moochie

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

3. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

I say yeah, pick up maybe Jahidi White or Jamie Feick to play center and let Cato go battle the dominate PF's in the league, of course I don't know if we would have the cap room to sign them. And I don't think Washington will be the answer either. But thats just my opinion.

------------------
    Rockets For Better, For Worse......'til death do us part!

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Brahma

I agree we need to add someone to the frontcourt

Rocketsauce

We only won 30 games last season, the frontcourt sucked, we desperately need to cut loose the dead wood and add some frontcourt defense and rebounding, please see this thread for more details http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/007832.html

WSupDog

Not sure about White, what i have seen he looked really slow and we need a 4, for me Cato can't play 4. Pollard seems like a real scrapper. I think Feick could be a handy addition but not as a Centre, have watched him play centre alot and although he battles well but he is just too small, however at PF he could possibly solve our rebounding problem (Over the last 2 season he has average 10 boards and 6 pts in 30minutes per game), problem is didn't he get a fairly large extension last year????

------------------
    Stuff BBS, the Rockets and you guys

It's all Clippers these days, come join the bandwagon and visit

http://www.ClippersCity.net

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Othella Harrington is the answer. (actually Iverson is the answer, but you know what I mean [​IMG])

------------------
    "Don't think twice, its allright"

6. SmeggySmeg

Actually Bob for me Danny Forston is the answer, 2 years ago when he got 28mpg he averaged 11ppg and 11.6 rebounds per game, how sweet would those stats be. (good pt about iverson actually being the answer, but i think that depends on the question)

Problem is, apparently he is going to waste his career away in Golden State.

Smeg

------------------

7. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

Yeah I could live with Fortson, he was Hoss when he was in Denver! Is Golden State a done deal, other than the signing 8/1 ?

------------------

8. SmeggySmeg

SupDog,

Found out Forston and GS on nba.com western teams reports, here's what it said and the link.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Warriors are heavily pursuing free agent forward Danny Fortson. According to Fortson's agent, Raymond Brothers, the former Cincinnati star "fell in love" with the Warriors organization during his visit to the Bay Area last week.

Golden State must get around several roadblocks in the collective bargaining agreement before it is able to land Fortson. The only feasible way the Warriors can acquire Fortson is through a three-way sign-and-trade deal.

http://www.nba.com/news/west_capsules_000726.html

Did aquick look for the San Fran link and found this
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/07/26/SP105584.DTL

Seems a little complicated but i have a feeling it may be the same for us if we try a sign and trade.

SMeg

------------------

9. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

Sounds like we still have a chance if they can't work something out, I just wish Rudy would bring him in for a look maybe he would see GS isn't the best place for him to be! He could be like Barkley on the boards. I remember him even giving the Rockets some problems when he was in Denver, he was a handful. Maybe we could work up a 3 way deal since we own the exception. Just an idea!?

------------------

10. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Because you guys already have an exception, it would be much easier for HOU to trade for Fortson than GS.

You just need to have someone Boston wants who makes half of whatever Fortson's initial salary would be.

GS would have to have that (they're hoping Del Negro -- heck, with Pitino you never know, that might work) but also find a team willing to adopt Terry Cummings' last year so they can get a trade exception.

Say, the Rockets wouldn't be interested in helping out another underprivileged Western team, would they?? . . . [​IMG]

------------------

11. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

Maybe Boston will take Bullard and a 2nd rounder in 2005. He probably makes about half of what Fortson does and we don't need him anymore. Wishful thinking!

------------------